• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do You Think Android And Apple Will Ever Team Up?

Apple may eventually wave the red flag and eventually make an Idroid but don't see that anytime soon. It sure would save them a bunch! The phone they make could actually be quite nice (though they are very fragile). Eveyone I know who uses one has broken the screen, what's up with that? LOL!

Upvote 0
I Don't Want It To Happen And I Doubt It Will, But I Guess My Cousin Had Been Reading An Article About It (I Believe It's False) Talking About An "iDroid" In 2027 -_-

Anyone guessing 14-years into the tech future is just plain foolish.

14-years ago....

- Myspace and Napster launched (both have come and gone mostly. Someone please put a bullet in the last myspace server)
- Bluetooth spec was announced (and not shipping yet I think)
- The Sega Dreamcast was the most cutting edge in home entertainment system available
- Mobile gaming was all about the Game Boy

Upvote 0
Apple may eventually wave the red flag and eventually make an Idroid but don't see that anytime soon. It sure would save them a bunch! The phone they make could actually be quite nice (though they are very fragile). Eveyone I know who uses one has broken the screen, what's up with that? LOL!

iPhones Have An All Glass Body So If It Falls Once, It's Gone, Unless You Have Otterbox Lol

Upvote 0
Some people can break anything.

Team up?

Anything is possible.

What was the basis for the article?

iOS fails, Apple adopts Android?

Apple buys out Google?

iOS and Android fail in the face of some new mobile OS, like BlackBerry making a comeback?

Apple queen marries Google emperor at a secret ceremony in Switzerland?

By 2027, iOS indistinguishable from Ice Cream Sandwich?

Upvote 0
2027?

Who knows if we'll even have smart phones still.

Its safe to assume that articles fake :)

2027? I feel the same way. No article is going to pick a random date 14 years in the future. If it was a year or two away, it would be way more plausible than 14.

I fell it's more likely that a manufacturer and Apple would team up...or something where iOS gets installed on a Samsung device...

I also think in the next couple of releases, Apple will probably bring out two sizes of phone in the same year. One size will be more like the iPhone 4, and another will be larger than the iPhone 5. They are losing market share to all the folks who demand a larger screen. Rather than convincing the masses that large screen suck, it would be easier (and more profitable) to offer them a larger screen. Apple fans would eat that up too. Standing in line for 9 days to get the first 5" iPhone...:D

Upvote 0
Considering the litigative nature that Apple takes, I don't see this happening peacefully by Android just giving up. Considering the fast movement and rapid innovations that OEM's have been making with Android, El Goog won't go down. With the open nature, Android has the possibility to spring up in unexpected places, kinda like cockroaches and @Stinky Stinky.

However, on the other hand, releasing a new iPhone every year to year and a half with relatively minor changes has the potential to create burnout. Sure iPhones are solid but Apple has created a following that demands the new iPhone soon after the release of a new version. How long can they keep that up is the question. There could be a huge falling out by the time iPhone 6 rolls out and people start waking up. Perhaps, offering iPhone's using Android would be their last great innovation.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
It would be far more likely that BlackBerry stops trying to push its proprietary, email-centric (was probably cool in 1998 but email is not enough to sustain the company these days--these days everything is app-driven, who has the biggest app store wins) interface and adopts Android to keep itself afloat, than to expect Apple to cave and use an open-source OS.

Regarding BlackBerry, i am not sure how they can even claim it's a smartphone. there isn't a feature phone made that hasn't done everything BlackBerry can do and more (both have java-driven, cheesy apps/games, and both can do emails). i reactivated my old Curve a month ago and the App World (now upgraded to BlackBerry World) is about as empty as the old Cingular MEdia store.

As it stands now, Apple has two ways to win. 1) CHANGE SOMETHING!!! and 2) if Google's KLP ends up a failure somehow, and folks defect. right now everyone is getting very impatient waiting for Google to release the next version, but i fear the next version will be metro-interfaced like their Google Apps have become, which would bomb out, for sure.

But what is likely to happen is a redux of Apple when Jobs left the first time. remember the Newton? the Twentieth Anniversary Mac? the Pippin? yeah, neither do i lol. but this time he ain't coming back. and i doubt that Woz with his nixie-tube wristwatch can even save 'em now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones