• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Do You Think It Will Be Possible To Port HTC Sense With Android 2.1 To X10?

I hope so, because I'm not feeling the whole Android 1.6 with Timescape and Mediascape, more so, Sony Ericsson has confirmed that you can not change the color of Timescape and Mediascape, that it will always be blue.

I just saw the video of the new HTC Sense with Android 2.1, and in my opinion, it is impressive.

HTC Legend hands-on (updated with video) -- Engadget

actually, the newest x10 vids from mwc2010 show a vastly improved x10 with timescape and mediascape running smoothly and beautifully. it's just a shame that SE delayed this phone so much. it's such a shame.

Upvote 0
If someone ported android to X1, X10 will be getting sense.

The only reason that happened was because the X1 was pretty sweet looking phone. Also because it was HTC built and XDA is like the htc fanboy forum.

There will undoubtedly be a cooked rom and hacks for the X10. The phone is popular and it isn't even out yet. Also, think about this. Given the nature of the android OS. You could create a cooked 2.1 ROM w/ timescape and mediascape to be installed, not only on the X10, but any Android phone with comparable hardware. This is the 1 flaw of android from a marketing perspective. Since most of the higher end phones use all the same hardware, but just look different the experience can always be had on another, cheaper, device. Which limits the ability to be unique to the market down to looks and what extra shit you put in the phone hardware wise. So far the X10 is behind the likes of the Nexus One, and a number of upcoming HTC phones. While I love the X10, I can't help buy feel like I am going to be spending a 300 dollars more on a name and look and not a better phone. To be fair, the nexus one is a great looking phone as are the upcoming htc phones, and you can get all of those for under 550 dollars.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones