Do You Think It Will Be Possible To Port HTC Sense With Android 2.1 To X10?Support

Last Updated:

1. SuperMuna

SuperMuna Active Member This Topic's Starter

I hope so, because I'm not feeling the whole Android 1.6 with Timescape and Mediascape, more so, Sony Ericsson has confirmed that you can not change the color of Timescape and Mediascape, that it will always be blue.

I just saw the video of the new HTC Sense with Android 2.1, and in my opinion, it is impressive.

HTC Legend hands-on (updated with video) -- Engadget

Advertisement
  2. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

If it will be possible, XDA will make it sooner or later.
    But also, nobody forces you to use scapes (even though to me that sounds crazy).
    Also, i know that Touchflo (manila) from winmo is available for separate download on XDA. Maybe sense is to. Check it out.

3. anotherfandroid

anotherfandroid Banned

actually, the newest x10 vids from mwc2010 show a vastly improved x10 with timescape and mediascape running smoothly and beautifully. it's just a shame that SE delayed this phone so much. it's such a shame.

4. Benja

Benja Member

Lets hope XDA will do something for the X10. But at what I can see XDA focus mostly on HTC phones.

But if the X10 is a succes someone will port Sense to X10.

5. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

If someone ported android to X1, X10 will be getting sense.

6. mlinzz

mlinzz Member

The only reason that happened was because the X1 was pretty sweet looking phone. Also because it was HTC built and XDA is like the htc fanboy forum.

There will undoubtedly be a cooked rom and hacks for the X10. The phone is popular and it isn't even out yet. Also, think about this. Given the nature of the android OS. You could create a cooked 2.1 ROM w/ timescape and mediascape to be installed, not only on the X10, but any Android phone with comparable hardware. This is the 1 flaw of android from a marketing perspective. Since most of the higher end phones use all the same hardware, but just look different the experience can always be had on another, cheaper, device. Which limits the ability to be unique to the market down to looks and what extra shit you put in the phone hardware wise. So far the X10 is behind the likes of the Nexus One, and a number of upcoming HTC phones. While I love the X10, I can't help buy feel like I am going to be spending a 300 dollars more on a name and look and not a better phone. To be fair, the nexus one is a great looking phone as are the upcoming htc phones, and you can get all of those for under 550 dollars.

7. nutley

nutley New Member

There is no other android phone in the European/US market with a camera as good as the X10, this i think is a big selling point for the Sony.

8. aberj6

aberj6 Member