Do you think the Epic will be popular as the EVO

Last Updated:

1. landslide03

landslide03 Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 1, 2010
    Hi, I just bought an Epic, I am not too impressed with the phone so far. It only connects to one of my P.Cs even after downloading the usb drivers and i cant get it to sync with kies. Also youtube looks horrible and very small.

The main reason i got the Epic is so i could root it and get free wifi like i had on my palm pre. So far the rooting methods look far to unreliable. Even youtube dosent have alot of stuff on the Epic. It seems like the t-moblie vibrant has much more support than the epic. Right now i am debating on retruning it or not, because if it dose not take off there will be little support for the device. Anyone know when 2.2 is coming? When I bought it the sprint employee told me it was on 2.2 not 2.1 like when i got it.

Im thinking of returning for the evo or just keeping my palm.

2. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    The phone just came out, why do you think the Vibrant has more support? Patience.
    That said, the Evo satisfied a tremendous amount of demand for a high end Android phone on sprint, and from what I saw in the store yesterday picking up an Epic, the demand isn't nearly as high now.
  3. jim2point0

jim2point0 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    The EVO was the first phone with 4G. The first with a 4.3" screen. It boasted an 8MP camera and 8 device connectivity via wifi hotspot.

All these features made people go WOW. It made me go WOW too. I was on the fence about getting an iPhone 4 until I read about the Evo. I jumped off the iPhone 4 fence and leaped into Android territory. I'm glad I did.

Also, Sprint doesn't have a tremendous amount of customers. Even with 4G, their numbers don't come close to AT&T\Verizon. Everyone wants good phones on those networks first. The fact that the EVO came out on Sprint really helped... but a lot of people passed it up for the Droid X on Verizon.

Now we have the Epic. The WOW factor created by the EVO has subsided. There have already been 2 Galaxy S phones released before the Epic. The only advantage the Epic has over the other SGS phones is it's keyboard, FFC and LED flash. It also has the keyboard advantage over the EVO, as well as tremendous speed. It's screen (in my opinion) is also better.

Even with all of the Epic's features, it will never become as popular as the EVO. I mean... I really doubt it. Even though I love my Epic more than the EVO... a lot of people can't afford to switch after 2 months of buying a new phone.

That being said, The EVO didn't have root\nand unlocked for a few weeks after it was released. It also launched with a few problems of its own that were fixed via OTA updates. Give the Epic some time and it will shine.
  4. Blitzpwnage

Blitzpwnage Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
  5. carnivalrejectq

carnivalrejectq Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010