• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Do you think this will be rootable?

I'll put a mini review together later. I ordered mine Friday when att made it available and it shipped Saturday got it Monday.

Good ol' Verizon screwing their customers again. I got my Incredible pre-order 3 days before launch because it shipped early. I guess they decided to play it low key on LG. They seem to play favorites with what they do and don't promote, and that's probably because they're charging a premium to phone manufacturers to do so. Maybe I can walk into a store tomorrow and get them to sell me one.

Upvote 0
Good ol' Verizon screwing their customers again. I got my Incredible pre-order 3 days before launch because it shipped early. I guess they decided to play it low key on LG. They seem to play favorites with what they do and don't promote, and that's probably because they're charging a premium to phone manufacturers to do so. Maybe I can walk into a store tomorrow and get them to sell me one.
Verizon was supposed to have them a day before AT&T. The above poster clearly shouldn't have received his. I'm sure it was a glitch.

Not sure how this instance is Verizon screwing their customers (although they do plenty of that anyway).

Upvote 0
Verizon was supposed to have them a day before AT&T. The above poster clearly shouldn't have received his. I'm sure it was a glitch.

Not sure how this instance is Verizon screwing their customers (although they do plenty of that anyway).

Because they didn't make it available for pre-order. That's how. Getting pre-orders delivered ahead of the official release date is fairly normal regardless of carrier. This wasn't some freak glitch at AT&T. Why Verizon treats this like a run-of-the-mill feature phone release when the other carriers are offering pre-orders like you would expect for a flagship is beyond me. Actually, it's not. Motorola and Samsung paid gobs of money to be the lead dogs. Everything else can take a backseat.

Upvote 0
Reactions: stew930
Upvote 0
I was one of those who spent enumerable hours in the GNex thread as well. I went with the Droid Maxx (for the battery mostly, but it turns out that while only 720p, the screen is incredible imo). Anyway, I am already rooted, and many said the new Droids may never get rooted. It's only been a few weeks. I am sure the G2 will get a quick root as well (probably quicker!)

My brother picked up a G2 today, but I won't get to play with it until Sunday night. Seems one hell of a phone though and congrats to all who purchased!

Upvote 0
It's been recommended to NOT use the Chinese root app that became available several days ago as it's believe to have some capability to send personal data to a 3rd party. Instead use this root method:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45692679#post45692679

Works on all variants running 4.2.2. As always, don't accept future updates from your carrier if you want to maintain root and/or the loki exploit to allow custom recovery and roms/kernels.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones