Do you use a case and/or a screen protector?

Do you use a case and/or screen protector?

Poll closed Aug 2, 2010.
  1. Screen protector

16 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Case (silicon, plastic, etc)

18 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Both

32 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Neither

38 vote(s)
    36.5%

Last Updated:

1. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

(with your Samsung Captivate)

Advertisement
  2. drzacharyus

drzacharyus Member

bump which case works best?

3. ZDroid1

For those who said neither, is this permanent?

4. KappaG9

KappaG9 Well-Known Member

good question, i don't know why not to use at least a screen protector

5. jhego

jhego Member

I'm looking for a screen protector that has the least viscosity and more slide to work with Swype. Also looking for a horizontal holster with rotating belt clip and a magnetic flap. Any recommendation?

6. rrrrramos

rrrrramos Well-Known Member

I just got the 3 pack of screen protectors from AT&T. Three for ten bucks and cut specifically to fit the Captivate. Like most sp's, you need to "oil it up" a bit. I literally just rubbed my palm across the entire screen, haven't had a problem with Swype or any of the buttons or any functions of the phone.
    I really need a (good) case for this phone to come out soon. The one at the AT&T store looked like crap.

7. fireonhigh

fireonhigh Well-Known Member

i want/need a otterbox!!!

8. baji

baji Well-Known Member

I've got the standard body glove case, which I have liked so far. I have the invisible shield on order from Zagg. I had one of those on my iphone for nearly two years with out any damage to the cover it self, and no cloudiness at all. So I am optimistic for the invisible shield.

9. Dennis_Bham

Dennis_Bham Well-Known Member

Best Buy has a generic leather horizontal holster with rotating belt clip and a magnetic flap that fits very well ...

10. Dsturbd4eternity

Dsturbd4eternity New Member

So did I and I emailed them about it and sadly this is the reply I got today:

At this time we have not heard any information on a case for this device. However if we do decide to create a case for this in the future we will post any information on our webpage or in our email news letter.

11. peterpp

peterpp Well-Known Member

I have mine with the Body Glove on, do you think it will fit in one of those? I did stop by BB but they didn't have what you suggested.

12. BurntPork

BurntPork Member

I got the same thing. If folks keep pounding them with emails they may see a market in it and make them.

13. bentroxell

bentroxell Member

Are their any cases made to fit this phone? I saw 2 at ATT but can't find any online!

14. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

I use the Body Glove case. Works like a charm and doesn't add too much width or height.

15. ZDroid1

Wow.. So many people don't protect it with anything at all!

16. NukaCola

NukaCola Member

Yep.

I like the feel and finish of this phone, putting a case on it would just ruin that. Not to mention the screen, I love the screen. I don't need a cheap piece of plastic covering that up. The protectors always end up with bubbles and scratches on them but these screens will not get scratched up that easily.

I do worry somewhat about the two protruding top/bottom pieces of the back. These will see the most wear and tear and I hope they don't get too beat up.

17. linuxdood

linuxdood Well-Known Member

I picked up the leather holster from TMobile for the Vibrant. Fits the Captivate nicely. Like having a belt clip and like to use the phone without a case or screen protector. The holster is basically transportation safety

18. ZDroid1

What's wrong with your pocket?

19. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

The 'carbon fiber' metal plate is VERY prone to scratches according to a few review videos. Unless you plan on buying a few extra battery covers, I'd cover it up with something. :)

20. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I voted "both" but I haven't gotten around to actually applying my screen protectors yet. Love the Body Glove case though.

21. jazzman09

jazzman09 Well-Known Member

Yup this phone is beautiful and as a owner I would like to enjoy it's looks. With a car do you put some kind of shield on it when you drive it around? After a few years it gets some dings and looks older. Same with a phone, it is just brand new enjoy it and in a few years replace it once it gets a few dings in it.

22. fireonhigh

fireonhigh Well-Known Member

yes but the cam lens is not recessed,,,damn it im going to call/email otterbox....i hope everyone else who reads this does same:D

23. jazzman09

jazzman09 Well-Known Member

I have a digital camera for taking pictures, does the job much better and lower mega pixels pictures still look better.

24. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member

I don't like screen protectors. Also, I suck at putting them on, so I don't bother. As far as cases, I love how thin and slick the phone is... why bulk it up and hide how sexy it is? I have insurance... if I scratch it a bit... eh, it happens. If I drop it bad enough to really screw it up I'm sure a case wouldn't of saved it by much anyway. The only thing I do use is a hip case to get it out of my pocket. After shopping around for one that fit well I ended up in the most likely of places. I went to the Verizon store and picked up the one for the Droid X. It is a little big, but it fits more snuggly than you would think. It's also made pretty nicely. The only thing that sucks is that it has Verizon logos all over it.

25. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

Zagg all the way here. Have the full body coverage coming in this week. I tried the body glove, but it made the phone bulky(er) and I didn't like the slipperiness of it. I've used Seidio before and liked them but I'm going with Invisible sheild this time.