Do you use Dolphin package on Orange SF?Support

1. footylad

footylad New Member

Hi there,

I'm on the Orange Dolphin tariff and find that my PAYG credit is dropping very fast. I turned off Background Sync and Auto Sync but the Interent charges just seem too high.

Can anyone advise if they are on Dolphin with this phone and how they find it?

Thanks

Sean

Advertisement
    :
  2. RemArcs

RemArcs Well-Known Member

Yep.
  3. mirate

mirate Member

Only just gone over to orange when buying the SF an chose the dolphin package, Seems quite good to me so far.
  4. r_holmes22

r_holmes22 New Member

If you are on the Dolphin package then your credit should not be decreasing with Internet usage, as it should be included in your
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

You only get 100MB with Dolphin despite the fact it says unlimited. Check here and then click "More about Dolphin"
  6. slackereconomy

slackereconomy Active Member

100mb = unlimited :eek: that's hilarious!
  7. Err0r

Err0r Active Member

Talk about unethical marketing!
  8. Fiestared

Fiestared New Member

Just changed to Dolphin two days ago, when I updated my weather location on the SF this morning, I still got charged for it.

Not sure if that's the same data as when using mobile internet?

Mike
  9. Artales

Artales New Member

I tried Dolphin once only. It was 2 weeks before the 'unlimited' data became active, very sneaky. I never bothered again, *cough* 'giffgaff ' *cough*. You can always say 'Artales' sent you...
  10. tuck73uk

tuck73uk Member

is giff gaff any good reception wise and for internet mate looks like a good deal
  11. RemArcs

RemArcs Well-Known Member

Since replying to this thread on the 17th Jan i've gone over to giffgaff. Unlimited means unlimited very cheap calls and texts. I dont have any problems with reception, it's the O2 network anyway. Check O2 coverage here
    If you want a giffgaff sim with an extra free
  12. Artales

Artales New Member

Told you... :D
  13. tuck73uk

tuck73uk Member

cheers fellas sim cards ordered
  14. fr0d0

fr0d0 Well-Known Member

There's a
  15. El Presidente

16. fr0d0

fr0d0 Well-Known Member

We're on a monthly contract. The phone comes free for that. Plus adding magic numbers every month for your friends on orange means you call them for free.

The giffgaff deal does look great. I'd be with you there. Click 'more info on prices' here: https://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/artales#Tariff
  17. El Presidente

It looks as thought the PayG isn't marketed as unlimited any more, it's 250MB too.

What you're doing sounds fine though. I've a 500MB plan and I only really turn on 3G, most of the time I use WiFi (at home or Work) so I only ever use about 150MB max.

Is Droidwall worth a look?
  18. Vorbis

Vorbis Well-Known Member

giffgaff + Orange San Francisco + CM7 = budget goodness
  19. dannymur

dannymur Well-Known Member

Hi, here in Ireland Tesco Mobile is somewhat like your GiffGaff......It's an MVNO on the O2 Network.

We get double bonus credit when we buy, like
  20. fr0d0

fr0d0 Well-Known Member

El Presidente likes this.
  21. El Presidente

That is a pretty good setup actually! ;)

I'll give it a look at some point today, thanks! :)