Do you use Handcent?

Last Updated:

1. getlooks

getlooks Well-Known Member

Do you use Handcent? I love it, but how do you turn off the stock sms? I am getting dup texts and have to delete in two spots.

2. ggt1_02

ggt1_02 Well-Known Member

I used to use it, but for reasons unknown since flashing froyo handcent disables the notification sounds on gtalk, gmail, etc. If you are rooted you can use titanium backup to freeze the stock sms app.
  3. seanatsb

seanatsb Well-Known Member

Much simpler solution. Just turn off notifications settings on the stock app. Under settings of the stock app, you should be able to set the notification tone to "none" or "silent", and their should be another option to disable notification icons in the status bar.

I use handcent and my Gtalk and all other apps with notifications all function properly and I'm running EB01/SC2.4/Voodoo
  4. karib

karib Well-Known Member

I second turning off notifications in the stock app. I also use handcent without issues and luv it! Very customizable with colors and such, very nice.
  5. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member

Do I use a handbrake? Only if I am riding a motorcycle....but I also use the foot brake to activate the rear brakes.
  6. ggt1_02

ggt1_02 Well-Known Member

I'm quite sure my issues are user induced. Just have not figured it out yet.
  7. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Big handcent fan here
  8. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

9. nklenchik

nklenchik Well-Known Member

Ever since handcent I havent looked back :p
  10. getlooks

getlooks Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I guess I would need to open my old sms to delete the msgs, otherwise they would be stored there.

11. grin0048

grin0048 Well-Known Member

When you delete a message from one, it gets deleted in the other. The text messages themselves get stored in /dbdata/databases/ apps simply access that database to populate the text message list.
    Nymblz likes this.
  12. styxfire

styxfire Member

If I download/install the Handset app, can I cancel the messaging feature from my carrier and still use send/receive texts via Handcent?

Currently my carrier charges $5 for 200 msgs, or $20 for unlimited msgs.