• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you use the physical keyboard?

Do you use the physical keyboard?

• Yes, all the time

Votes: 104 37.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 90 32.5%
  • No, I use the virtual keyboard, speech to text, or Swype

Votes: 83 30.0%

• Total voters
I've used the keyboard maybe 5 times and I've had my Droid since day 1. Guess you can put me in the "hate it" category as a result.

The Eris was just too slow and I've owned a Nexus One as well but T-Mobile's service is still garbage where I live. I will be ditching the Droid for the HTC Incredible in a few weeks. Less bulk and no keyboard with Android 2.1 + Verizon is just what I'm looking for.

Upvote 0
Took awhile for me to use it as I was always using the onscreen keyboard. I got tired of the screen always being taken up by the keyboard and text field so I started forcing myself to use it. Now, I use it all the time. Just took a little time to get used to it but I type on it just as fast as I can the virtual keyboard. Plus, I have it open all the time cause it makes the phone great to hold onto when playing games of just surfing the net.

Upvote 0
I like the physical keyboard, but don't use it. I'm a bad speller and the word suggest/auto complete is my savior. But it doesn't work with the physical keyboard.:(

The virtual keyboard use up the screen, so you can't see the next field

Hey bro, just download this htc hero virtual keyboard apk and you'll get the word suggest/auto complete for your physical keyboard. Its quick, simple and easy!

HTC Keyboard on myTouch 3G - Android Forums

Upvote 0
The physical keyboard is one of the main reasons I will always have a Droid from now on. If you're ordering anything online, the physical keyboard KICKS ASS... without a doubt. I also use it when working with Excel. If you're doing these types of things, the physical keyboard is far superior to any soft keyboard, including Swype (and I LOVE Swype).

I also intend to create my shortcuts and use the keyboard to launch apps in order to save time.

Upvote 0
I rarely use it except check the fields I'm filling out on sites. Guess I haven't really tried it enough. Every time I've tried I always ended up fat fingering the keys. I hope when the 2nd version comes out they give it a much better keyboard cause I really do like having the option. And please add auto correct somehow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones