Dock causing screen to go dark. Help.

Last Updated:

1. ClintD

ClintD New Member This Topic's Starter

Dock for Moto Droid worked as advertised for a few hrs, then would go "dark" and touch buttons were flashing. Only thing that would stop the flashing was to press the power button. (but screen went blank again after hitting the return button)

Has anyone had a similar problem? Suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

I have moved this to the Droid forum, hopefully it will get the answer your looking for here

3. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Dark as in dark colors? Touch the little 'lightbulb' icon in the bottom row of icons. That switches it between a day/night color scheme.

If the screen turns OFF, and the touch button backlights flash... then I don't know. Try shutting off the phone for a few moments, then power it back up?

4. ClintD

ClintD New Member This Topic's Starter

I think the root cause of the problem was the screen BRIGHTNESS setting. I had downloaded a widget that would enable manual adjustment of the brightness setting. I believe the lowest brightness settings are too low for the Docking Station display to be visible in any light. When the brightness was reset to the "Automatic" setting using the Android default "settings" interface, the issues were (apparently) resolved.