1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Dock + extra battery slot?Tips

1. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member

I have a spare battery just sitting around, I'd like to keep it charged. Looking at some docks on Amazon, they get 3 stars with numerous complaints about the phone not fitting quite well, or not connecting, not charging etc...

Not looking to spend too much, but I do like the idea of setting the phone in a dock with the spare battery along with it sitting neatly on my desk.

Suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

I don't know about a dock, never had much luck with them with ANY device even back to my Dell Axim, Toshiba e740, or Casio Cassiopeia PDA's (dang, sometimes I miss those) BUT you can get a cheap (under $5) stand alone charger for the Rezound on Amazon, just about any that are compatible with the Rezound, Thunderbolt, MyTouch 4G, Incredible HD, or Merge will work fine. Here are some examples:

Amazon.com: eForCity Battery Desktop Charger with USB Output for HTC ThunderBolt 4G / Incredible HD: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: HTC Rezound 4G Battery Charger(Compatible with HTC Thunderbolt, Merge, Mytouch 4G)+ Exclusive Black And Green Color Key Chain Kit: Cell Phones & Accessories
  3. fdisker2000

fdisker2000 Member

4. Bhelios

Bhelios Well-Known Member

Secondary launchers solve the rotation issue. I'm using Apex (free version, stock phone) -- has settings for: always rotate, never rotate, portrait only, landscape only -- this allows you to use your phone when docked. If you just want a big clock, you could always have a screen running a large clock app and slide to that screen when docked.
  5. Brent372

Brent372 Well-Known Member

The RND one sucks.
    After docking and undocking about a dozen times, my charging port on my Rezound is now loose and unless I am using the OEM stock HTC extMicro cable, the cable wiggles around.
    Also I have to keep messing with the microUSB the powers the dock to keep it powered.

To charge your spare battery, use this:

SEIDIO | Multi-Function Battery Charger for HTC ThunderBolt/HTC myTouch 4G/HTC Rezound

You can find it cheaper on eBay or Amazon.