Dock not recognisedGeneral

1. Oblig

Oblig Well-Known Member

So I sent my Prime back (without dock) and they have fixed the camera, white spot on screen and changed the wifi module.

Now it won;t recognise the dock :mad:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Oblig

Oblig Well-Known Member

They want me to send it back again :(
  3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

That is very strange. When I sent my Prime back for a camera fault I sent it in without the dock and it worked fine afterwards. :/ Does the unit charge up ok and work ok if you plug it into your PC?
  4. Oblig

Oblig Well-Known Member

Unit works perfectly - GPS attachment and connecting to PC flawless.

The keyboard is the issue just doesn't seem to recognise it, a couple of times I have wiggled it around and it says the keyboard is there but with no charge and I can't use it, yet the keyboard seems to take a charge on its own - very annoying.
  5. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

That is very odd. Best of luck getting it sorted Oblig.
  6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Battery is dead on mine, so I can't confirm, but I believe the first time you dock it you must choose to use that keyboard vs on screen?
    What happens when you open up a text box? Does the on screen KB pop up while you're docked? Does it give you the option to change text input?
  7. Oblig

Oblig Well-Known Member

Tried opening text boxes and looking in the settings it just won't play ball!
  8. tensazan

tensazan Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you've checked the dock settings? Also, have you tried a factory restore?
  9. Oblig

Oblig Well-Known Member

It has been returned all now working perfectly - the label says 'no fault found' weird indeed. They have not suggested a charge either