Dock that works with Case-Mate tough case?

Last Updated:

1. HPLovecraft

HPLovecraft New Member This Topic's Starter

The oem dock from google does not work with the case-mate tough case. I'm keeping the case because I think it's great, and will send back the dock for a refund.

Are there any docks that will work with a big case like this? I don't mind removing the outer shell if I have to, that's not a big issue. And a dock that can concurrently charge a spare battery would be great too.

Thanks!

Oh and PS - Love the N1, been using it for about a month now. Originally had the Tmobile version on ATT, switched to ATT version and I get a much better connection and 3G is great! --former iPhone user.

Advertisement
  2. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

I have that case mate and I cannot imagine any dock working with it based on how recessed the docking pins are when in the case.

Personally I bought two nexus ones and now use the tmobile version docked as a $570 alarm clock and keep my att 3g in the case mate.

3. jeverton

jeverton Active Member

I'm right there with you on the CM docking solution... I guess we will stick with the AC power adapter for now. Maybe one they the HTC team will fix the USB to computer connection?

4. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

I just had a thought: one of those docks that use a raised USB port might work.

Hers is one:

Innodock Jr. Desktop Cradle, Black

I cannot vouch for the quality of the dock nor whether it will work. It looks like it would to me but I can't tell without actually trying it.

5. cgp1

cgp1 Member