• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Docked Phone Dialer - No Keypad?

sponge

Lurker
May 9, 2010
O-k, I've been reading a bunch and have found this forum to be a great resource! I just purchased [FONT=&quot]Seidio CK17MTDDC03 Innotraveler Car Kit for Motorola Droid[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and now have it mounted in a very usable space in my car. I am using Car Dock as my docked application. I'm pretty happy with it, but one feature I find mind boggling is that when docked, the phone does not support touchscreen keypad dialing in landscape mode. This seems counter-intuitive to the reason for a car dock. Anyone figure out a way around this?. It seems crazy to have to remove it from the dock to dial a number (that is currently not in my contacts).

Also, I know the issues with navigating with no destination, so I like to show Google maps while driving. However, this is always shown north up. Has anyone figured out a way to make this show course up?

Thanks for your help,

Jim
[/FONT]

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones