• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Docking Station with Clock

Im not sure exactly what you mean. Unfortunately our phones aren't as popular as the iphone nor do they have a dock connector that can interface with the device. That said there is one type of dock available for our phones. You can set some phone apparently to run whenever docked, and if you found some kind of bluetooth speakers you could play music through that.

Upvote 0
What I mean is some device that at night I can throw the Eris on the docking station and it will recharge overnight, while at the same time it will serve as my digital clock and even as my alarm should I choose to set an alarm. Of course, the clock face would have to show continuously and not go black or go to sleep like my phone does now.

Upvote 0
I've got something like this HTC Droid Eris USB Sync and 2nd Battery Charge Cradle

Works nicely. The eris doesn't have a dock program though and I haven't been running stock or sense roms for so long I can't remember if it's got the same alarm clock program or anything similar to what I've got on CELB3.9.

When you open it the phone will stay on and just dim a little. I still have to manually start it when I plug it in though.

Upvote 0
Alarm clock plus can be set to run whenever the phone is plugged in. I think you can use tasker as well and I'm sure other alarm clock apps would work. I have the same dock lennyjew posted and it works well. You can find them on Ebay for under $15 shipped. I really like alarm clock plus(in the market), it can be set to start quietly or vibrate for a quieter alarm and you can set different snooze times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones