1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

DockRunner App ..check it out!

1. Jaxx10

Jaxx10 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys ... i was reading in another forum about a program found in the market called DockRunner... (free) and it simulates the droid as if it was on the actual docking station ($30) all u need is that program and a nice stand for ur droid ... Tada :D!! spend those $30 bucks on somthing else;)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Fronc

Fronc Well-Known Member

Alternative: Take the magnet (flat, circular one) off the back of a refrigerator decoration, then take a cotton handkerchief and fold it over a few times as a nice soft bed for your droid. Slide the magnet inside one of the folds, and if it faces the right way (polarity determines car/multimedia dock) whenever you place your phone down on its bed, it will switch to the dock.

I did it by slipping a flat round magnet inside an old HTC sleeve, and lay the droid on top.

Just an idea.
  3. pizz1000

pizz1000 Active Member

Nice find - thanks
  4. Redbird1

Redbird1 Well-Known Member

I just downloaded it. It's a great app!

I have the body glove case. If you leave the belt clip on, it actually makes a great stand for the Droid.
  5. jdb

jdb Well-Known Member

Nice find!!! Thanks!
  6. sian0120

sian0120 Member

Good stuff man!! thanks
  7. bryfree

bryfree New Member

I just ran across this app in the market too. It's nice!

Is there a simple way to keep my droid from going to sleep after 30 seconds though?

Also, I agree about the Body Glove case. It makes a perfect stand with the belt clip attached.
  8. Slayer01

Slayer01 Well-Known Member

So I think I'm going to take my dock my
    back. Nice fine. Well I'm putting this message up on droid. Do any of u get a lag while typing on this site or others?
  9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I won't be keeping the Body Glove b/c of the fact that I want to use the GPS mount, so I may return it for the Desktop dock. They're basically the same price....

It might be nicer to make one myself, but I simply ain't got the time right now....

Also need to fab the speaker holes mod into the GPS mount for clearer voice....
  10. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

saweet! thanks op!
  11. johnlgalt

Nice find - but it doesn't charge the phone, so the dock is a must for me. Kinda hard to put it in that position and charge the phone at the same time....
  12. scorpio21

scorpio21 Member

Thanks! I just downloaded the app! I usually charge my phone at night so this is perfect and OP just saved me $30 :)

One thing though.....my home page is stuck in the landscape position. Did this happen to anyone else???
  13. johnlgalt

You have to run the dockrunner again to 'exit' it.

And how are you going to charge it with the charging port being on ht 'bottom' when in dock mode?
  14. scorpio21

scorpio21 Member

I'm not propping it up.....it lays down on my nightstand, which is fine. As soon as my alarm goes off, I pick up the phone to look at e-mails that have come over at night, as well as the weather. It works fine for me.

I ended up uninstalling the app to see if my home page would go back to portrait mode. Nope. So I took out the battery and it seems to be ok.

It's late so I'll play with the DockRunner app tomorrow at work :)

G'night all.
  15. johnlgalt

Heh - good point. Time ot enable dock and go to bed.

L8rs.
  16. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

When you click on the little house icon in media mode (with dockrunner) it takes you back to a 'stuck' landscape mode. All you have to do is run dockrunner again in this 'stuck' situtation and it auto corrects it.
  17. Shiggs

Shiggs Active Member

Couple of options here, you can go to Settings > Sounds & display > Screen timeout (at the very bottom).

I have the actual charging stand so i went to Settings > Apllications > Development (at the bottom) and clicked Stay Awake. This allows the screen to never sleep while charging.

Your third option is the "ScreenModeWidget" from the market. This havs 3 options and one is to never let the screen sleep.
  18. bae125

bae125 Member

This app rocks! Thanx
  19. iworktoplay

iworktoplay New Member

Sooooo where do I down load this app?
  20. SlaveUnit

SlaveUnit Well-Known Member

sooo...did you even read the first sentence in the first post?
  21. iworktoplay

iworktoplay New Member

I did read it and I still don't see where to down load it.
  22. shocker

shocker Well-Known Member

Pretty cool app. Worked great for me and no issues. Only thing I could see being a problem is you still probably want it plugged in on a night stand because the backlight will stay on all night.
  23. ajmuni

ajmuni Member

works cool, using it here at the office as a clock...but im kinda scared to leave the screen on the whole time......
  24. johnlgalt

- market being the key word.

Good point - hence the fact that the dock is also a charger, to prevent battery drain and power off.

So true. I have a hard enough time with the battery as it is - having to charge every night b/c of 1) School's location in the boonies, and 2) me being a Twitter addict....
  25. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member