Doctor Who

Last Updated:

1. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I started watching when Tom Baker was the Doctor in the 80s sometime. It was on PBS here in the states, I watched up until Baker's tenure ended. Shortly after that it conflicted with ST:TNG and my parents liked that more than The Doctor.

My favorite companion always has and always will be Miss Sarah Jane Smith (currently my desktop wallpaper made by an artist right after Liz' death) followed by K-9 and the other tin dog Micky.

The reason why it is so hard to find all of the episodes is because they were destroyed. As new episodes are available it is because fans have come forth with them on VHS and other media. Much of the library was lost many years ago.

Advertisement
    brotherswing likes this.
  2. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

I too always loved Sarah. And K9! That's it, I gotta go make a Dr Who theme!
  3. MacFett

I use a defunct Doctor Who Go Theme. Tried to make a BACKside theme akin to Jerry's Greenmachine but blue to match the Go Theme, but it never worked right.
  4. brotherswing

Don't worry, I just finished Iron Man, then I have one request to knock out, then Dr. Who it is! I'm going to make it CM7 format for maximum compatibility. I'll make a CM9 variant later.
  5. brotherswing

[​IMG]
    Sneak peek at the beta of the theme.
    davoid and EarlyMon like this.
  6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Watched part 2 of the Evolution of the Daleks episode tonight.

As the lift (elevator) stopped, the Doctor said, "First floor, perfumery."

Complete tribute to Are You Being Served?

Loving it! :)
    brotherswing and MacFett like this.
  7. brotherswing

I lied about the theme. It is CM9. If you're interested, it's at digitalhouseoftreats.com.
  8. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I thought I would share this. I know this is not exactly the Tardis but I thought it was close enough. Here is a case of a blue police box that I will be getting for my GS3 soon.

CruzerLite Police Call Box Case
    brotherswing likes this.
  9. brotherswing

Too cool! If only it fit my phone!
  10. EarlyMon

New season, new companion coming.
  11. MacFett

That is what I thought, but all of the teasers show Amy and Rory yet.
  12. EarlyMon

I noticed that as well. I wouldn't mind a Doctor replacement, honestly.
  13. MacFett

After this season and then the next.

I really enjoy Matt Smith (far more than I thought I would after Tennant) but after this past epic story line I think he is going to be playing catch-up all season (although from the look of the teasers I may be wrong) and will be welcoming the new Doctor.
  14. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

Jelly baby anyone?
  15. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

I saw all the announcements about the new companion, do you think it may be done in the spring series?
  16. MacFett

I believe there is a new companion for the Christmas special. Those don't usually last more than the episode.
  17. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

Supposedly mid-season change over. Big hush hush mega surprise episode for Amy & Rory's exit.
  18. EarlyMon

[​IMG]

Jenna Louis Coleman, new companion
  19. agentc13

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say in my post. You said it better. ;)
    Yep. It will be nice to see a different dynamic going on. The Matt Smith Doctor + Amy/Rory is good, but time for a change, imo.
  20. MacFett

I liked the 3 person team. We'd not really seen that in the new series (save the little while we had #10 + Rose & Micky/Ricky).
  21. EarlyMon

I grew to like Rory quite a bit.
  22. agentc13

23. brotherswing

Rory had kind of been Kenny. It felt like he was getting killed in every other episode....
    EarlyMon likes this.
  24. MacFett

Only 32 hours until the new series starts.

We have a large gaming (pen & paper) and historical re-enactment club and every Saturday night is spent watching Doctor Who.
    brotherswing and EarlyMon like this.
  25. EarlyMon