Document creatorGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-01-14 20:46:46
  1. jeeptecb

jeeptecb Well-Known Member

What is an easy to use document creator app to write letters and do flyers .

Advertisement
  2. lkreykes

lkreykes Active Member

I use Kingsuite Office.... It works great and is free.
  3. jeeptecb

Thanks. Got the app. Real easy to use
  4. Troglodad

Troglodad Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I've tried three different programs on the Excite- I'm forcing myself to make the switch from PC to Android, after a recent laptop HDD failure. I had the tablet for interneting, emailing, etc, but since it can do more...

Docs2Go was my preferred program on my old Palm Pilot E2. And it worked okay on my ADP1, and my Galaxy S. It works great on the Excite but lacks a lot of features.

Office Suite HD seems to have a lot of functions and settings and so forth, but I just didn't like it.

I finally settled on Officesuite Pro, and it seems to work the best for what I need- writing indie novels.

I'll note that on a PC I use Corel Wordperfect X3, and that you have to save as a .doc Word 97-2000 in order for the Excite to be able to open the documents- it can't open a .doc Word 6 document for some reason.

I also have noticed that it doesn't seem to want to save to an external flash drive connected via USB OTG cable in the micro USB port. It will read one just fine, but when saving documents, I end up having to save to the internal memory, then use the File Manager later to move to the SD card or that External Flashdrive.

I have been successful at using a USB hub connected to the OTG adapter cable: I had a USB keyboard, an old USB laser mouse and my flashdrive all hooked up simultaneously and all three worked just fine.
  5. jeeptecb

Thanks there is some good info in there.