Document editorsTips

1. Alleyoop11

Alleyoop11 Active Member

What are you guys using as a document reader/editor, Word docs etc?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Byair

Byair Well-Known Member

Polaris Office 5
    Documents to go
    ezPDF Reader

Edit:
    Thanks to Harry2
    Just download Repligo PDF Reader & Jota editor
    Alleyoop11 likes this.
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

DocumentsToGo (doc, xls, ppt)
    RepliGo PDF Reader
    ezPDF Reader (2-page-view for tablet)
    Jota (plain txt)
    Alleyoop11 and Byair like this.
  4. ccorax

ccorax New Member

Office360, Drive, Polaris
    Alleyoop11 likes this.
  5. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Documents To Go performs the best, though options are limited. Bluetooth keyboard operation works very well with Documents To Go. Bluetooth keyboard with
    Office Suite's spreadsheet is absolutely horrible.

For pdf check Lecture Notes.
    Alleyoop11 likes this.
  6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

OfficeSuite Pro. :)
    Alleyoop11 likes this.
  7. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

I use Soft_Maker Office. Too bad Android version is not up to par to it's Windows Mobile counterpart from years ago.

I play with a lot of fonts, so it's nice to just copy/paste and use the same font files from my PC.
    Alleyoop11 likes this.
  8. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

Font-tastic.

[​IMG]
  9. Alleyoop11

Alleyoop11 Active Member

Great, thanks, I'll try a couple of those. I used Thinkfree Write on my old Galaxy S.

Edit: One thing I like about Documents To Go is that if I'm viewing a page in portrait view and I zoom in, the text automatically condenses down to the screen size so that I can see all the text without having to pan across the document. Does that make sense?
    Office Suite Pro doesn't do that? There's probably a setting, but I haven't looked deeply yet.
  10. NeoGrandizer

Check for text wrap or text reflow. That basically fits the text to the screen size.
  11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

OfficeSuite Pro reflows on zoom for documents. PDF view/zoom doesn't, but does include fit to width setting.

Attached Files:

12. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

anybody use Quickoffice? it is by google and it is free!!!!!

plus with the use of google drive you can edit on the fly anywhere. i just tried it out and so far so good. works great and easy to use.....like most google apps.

this one has word, excel, and powerpoint options.
  13. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

I have Documents To Go, Office Suite Pro and Quick Office. Quick Office is no longer used due to its issues. Too many issues for so highly touted an application. Office Suite lacks Bluetooth keyboard support. Documents To Go works, just not adequately updated.
  14. Alleyoop11

Alleyoop11 Active Member

Wow, doesn't do that for me, (I'm using the Trial version but it's supposed to be full featured for 7 days.)

Polaris Viewer does it if I go to View Settings and check reflow........but I have to do that each time I open the document, so that doesn't suit.

Documents To Go does it on the 2 zoom views I'm permitted in Trial Mode, so I guess it has it's head in front at this stage.
  15. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Paid version hasn't more zoom views ... as far as I know the trial is the same as the paid version but only lacks the edit mode.
  16. NeoGrandizer

Not sure what zoom levels you are looking for, but Text_Maker allows custom zooms from 30%-200% as well as text wrap. The only issue is that I find it slow sometimes. Works with keyboard (even shortcuts with Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, etc work in it).

But go with whatever one suits your needs better. Trials should be the full version of the app to give an honest representation of what you will be getting when you decide to buy the app.

Edit: the general difference between a trial and free version of any app is free versions will either have missing features from its paid app or just remove ads. Trials on the other hand are usually timed trials and offer all the app has to offer to provide the user the experience to make an informed decision. Though in all honesty, that would also depend on the developer. But most trials I've come across are full featured that expire within a set timeframe (ie. there are no missing features in the trial).
    Alleyoop11 likes this.
  17. Alleyoop11

Alleyoop11 Active Member

Excellent, I think that suits me best, I like it.
    Thank you for the tip.
  18. jds4000

jds4000 Well-Known Member

Documents to Go. Period.