1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Documents to go - 2 app icons?

Last Updated:

1. DaveInNYC

DaveInNYC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I downloaded DocumentsToGo, and bought the Full Version key and all works well. However, both the application itself and the key are listed as separate apps (with the former being the meat of the program). Does anyone know if I still need the key after I have installed it? It is sort of cluttered having two apps when I really only need one.

Advertisement
  2. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

I noticed this myself as I just go the full key. I am goign to delete the key and see if it makes a difference. Since I paid for it I can just redownload it from the marketplace. Correct?

3. wrldtreker

wrldtreker New Member

I downloaded and then uninstalled the Key...it refunded the purchase and locked back into the free version. Had to download the key again. (No refunds allowed the second time around.)

4. Bolo23

Bolo23 New Member

Okay, that may be how it's designed, but that's lame, anyone been able to resolve this?

5. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

As far as I know we're stuck with both of them, though I noticed you can launch the program from either icon. Certainly don't remove the key, as wrldtreker discovered.

Depending on your launcher, you should be able to hide one of the icons in the app drawer. I know this can be done with LauncherPro. If you have launch the app from a home screen then just pick one and ignore the other.

And yes it's lame. :rolleyes:

6. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

Maybe its a new thing, but I've had DTG (full version) since January, and I don't have two icons for DTG. Everything is located under the one icon that was installed when I installed the free version.

If two icons bothers you, though, I second the LP suggestion. I have hidden a number of various icons in the app drawer using LP. (LP is free.)

7. hakujin

hakujin Well-Known Member

old thread but problem still prevalent. rom manager does this too, which is soooo irritating.

even using LP, the problem still exposes itself all the time. there use to be an actively developed app called vault, which remedied this situation be hiding icons in the drawer. there should be something else available now that isn't a full fledged launcher replacement. anyone?

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I have the two apps as well when I bought the key.

9. Copleo

Copleo Banned

Perhaps you can store the Key app out of the way? Like on your SDcard? Afaik it should still be addressable from the phone, like other apps are. So afaics the question is whether the Key app 'cooperating' with the full app is tied to the system or to the volume.