1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Documents to go problem

Last Updated:

1. bstyles

bstyles Member This Topic's Starter

I am probably doing something wrong here but I have Documents to go (free) and I can not view word documents sent to my work e-mail.
    I keep getting the message that it can not open it because it is a plain text file. Any suggestions.
    Thanks in advance guys.

Advertisement
  2. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

I am having a problem getting the paid version to be on my 2.1 OS. It is not listed in the market, only the free one is.

3. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Dig up your email they sent when you purchased the full version, and then visit their site. Go through a few steps and eventually you can send them an email and explain the problem. They will ask for some information about your registration number on your phone in the app, and then a day or so later they will activate the full version for your number. Only takes a couple days. :)

4. spgiva

spgiva Active Member

Is this all word documents or just one in particular? Are you sure that it has the right extension (.doc rather then .txt).

Hope this is helpful.
    -spg

5. Wraithbane

Wraithbane Well-Known Member

I reinstalled the free version after my update, as soon as I opened it and entered my email, it automatically unlocked into the full version.

6. bstyles

bstyles Member This Topic's Starter

It says it is a .doc, but i get a message saying it can not open it because it is a text file.
    Thanks

7. rphman

rphman Member

samething here...i get the email with the attachment..press the open button.....says fetching attachment...then comes back and says this attachment can not be displayed....

i can open the attachment in when sent to my gmail account...press preview and opens documents to go..and then the file..which is a word document..with a .doc extension...

8. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

9. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member

Have you tried saving the attachment and then opening Docs to go and opening the doc from there? Not a good solution, but maybe a workaround.

David