1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Documents To Go Vs Office Suite Pro

Last Updated:

1. kersey

kersey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Have noticed both these apps are down to around

Advertisement
  2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I don't know much about the latter app you mentioned, but Documents to Go was bought by Research in Motion, so must people assume that they'll only update for them in the future

3. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Documents To Go was working on 3.0 back in July or so. I wonder if they still are going to release it. Their website seems to indicate so.

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Personally, I'd be shocked if that saw the light of day in the Android market. Should I feel the need to upgrade, I'll check out Quick Office first

5. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

I don't think that just because RIM bought Docs2Go that it'll stop seeing development on other platforms. If anything, I think it'll see better more frequent development. I think the biggest reason people thought development would stop, was because shortly thereafter support for Palm devices was scrapped, but the fault was in Palm's lap because they were dragging their feet with API's and documentation.

Docs2Go was underfunded and poorly supported for far too long, and I think RIM will take it and move it forward. I may not be a fan of RIM's devices anymore, but if there's anything they're good at, it's dumping money into their projects.

And according to responses on the dataviz forums, 3.0 is still in the works to be released soon.
    http://forums.dataviz.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2493

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I've been using D2G for several years (going back to my Palm PDA days), so I hope you're right. I have a hard time picturing RIM allowing D2G to continue supporting platforms with whom they compete, vs making it a selling point to the enterprise market they're trying to maintain.

7. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Funny I should see this thread today. I had both, and just this morning I decided to get rid of D2G. I like office Suite Pro's interface better on my Droid.

8. stiffler

stiffler Active Member

Doc2Go for me.
    I tried Office Suite Pro and it was crashing/force closing on larger files.

9. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Go figure! A day after uninstalling D2G, I try to open a Word and Excel doc from my DropBox files with Office Suite Pro, and they wouldn't open! :mad: I reinstalled D2G (via Titanium backup) and they opened ... no problem. I guess I'm uninstalling Office Suite Pro now. :eek:

10. gamma

gamma Active Member

I use Quick office myself, and i like it better than Docs2GO

11. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I just updated to 3.0, and I am STUNNED that it was released. In quite happy to have poorly prognosticated this one.

12. dkelley

dkelley Active Member

I know this is an old thread, but it's worth noting that on my hero (overclocked but still "just" a hero) I find dtg 3 faster than op3. have both.

so for me where speed matters due to the phone not being uber-fast, dtg seems the best choice.

I also have always supported and liked their products.

there are a couple of UI things I prefer in op3 though... the excel chart launcher for example, although the actual chart is slightly better in dtg3 imho.

13. kab617

kab617 New Member

The last thread was over two years ago. Anyone have any opinions today about which of these two are better for the Galaxy S 3?

14. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

Noticed this thread after doing a search. Could members that used these apps give their opinions on which one is to go with? Thanks!

15. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Well-Known Member

I only have Office Suite Pro and QuickOffice Pro but I prefer the free program called Kingsoft Office

16. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Personally, I'd take Kingsoft. Same functionality as both, but free.

17. mauiblue

Awesome! I'm glad I asked before spending the bucks! I'll check it out!

18. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

I have all of the major office applications. The one with the least capability but the most stable is Documents To Go. Quick Office spreadsheet does not handle large spreadsheets. Office Suite's latest release freezes on moderate size spreadsheets. Kingsoft has formatting issues. Before buying, try each.

Dataviz/Documents To Go was purchased by Blackberry and has not seen an Android update in about 1 year.

19. mauiblue

I door don't think I'll be making a large spreadsheets so that won't be an issue. Quickoffice is on my Razr Maxx and I've used it to do word processing. It did the job fine. I'll try the free version of the apps and see how it goes.

20. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

I bought D2G years ago and swore by it. I got an invite a while back to "test" a copy of Office Suite Pro and I found the interface much better and the functionality also better. I ended up purchasing it also. I have yet to have it crash on anything (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!!) I can't say that I have any particularly large spreadsheets, but I have some that are decent size and OSP has never choked. D2G is a great product, but I, personally, prefer Office Suite Pro.

BigRedGonzo