Does a factory reset delete all my data? (fast please)

1. Bluz

Bluz Active Member

Will a hard reset delete all of my games and apps? If I pull the SD card before the reset will it still do it? I know with alot of games when you move them to the SD card there's still a mb or two on the phone, will that come back after replugging in the card? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Yes.

Yes. But of course you save everything on the card.

No. Everything on the phone is erased. You'll need to reinstall all your apps.
  3. Bluz

Bluz Active Member

Even if the apps are on my SD card?

Also, will I have to pay for them again or no?

Also how do I access the factory reset again lol...and how to pull my sd card?...
  4. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Yes. Some system files are installed on the phome.

No.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset
  6. Bluz

Bluz Active Member

Is there a setting that lets me delete stuff off my SD card? Or APP?
  7. lunatic59

If you format the sd card and then perform a factory data reset, your phone will have no traces of any of your data on it. It will be just as it was out of the box. Remember to keep copies of any important files in a different place since you won't be able to recover your files once you do this.
  8. Bluz

Bluz Active Member

I just want to be able to keep files...so I think I'll wait till I get my phone to USB cable here and I'll save all my pictures on it and i can delete my games, is it possible to download apps onto my PC and then move them to my phone vis USB? As my data plan is $30 for 300mb...
  9. lunatic59

No, it's difficult, if possible at all - especially for paid apps, to save the file and reinstall later. It may also violate the user agreement. In any case, if you reinstall all your games and apps while connected to wifi, it won't count against your data plan.
  10. Bluz

Bluz Active Member

Ok, never setup wifi before but basically just setup a wired/wireless router right-o? I think I got one....I have about 40 boxes full of computer stuff in my living room and I think I bought a linksys one since I was doing a HTPC and a 40Tb fileserver.
  11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Just connect to wifi like how a laptop does. Turn wifi on, then it will detect available networks. Select one you want to connect to and you're good to go.
  12. Bluz

Bluz Active Member

Ok how about pictures I can save those via usb right?
  13. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Yes. When you plug the phone into a computer it will be read as a mass storage device like a thumb drive.