• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does an SD card need to be reformatted to new phone?

I ended up doing a full factory reset and wiped both internal storage and SD card. Then I reinstalled the apps I wanted. Transfered the old folder(saved on my desk) for the apps I was having issues with into the new folders on the SD card.

Everything was then recognized by the apps and the phone.

Upvote 0
I picked my samsung transform ultra up to take pictures, then i noticed that there were over 800 pictures available so that prompted me to look for my pictures and they were all gone. i looked and even connected to computer and still nothing because as soon as i connect the usb it auto unmounts/ejects sd card .. i have no way to recover those pictures. i have been receiving messages about sd card removed. sd card damaged . but now i really need to restore my pictures help.. how do i access the internal memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones