Does Android 2.x run well on MT3G?

Last Updated:

1. bhuether

bhuether Member This Topic's Starter

It seems most of the mods are 1.6. I was wondering if there are any Android 2.x ROMs that run at least as fast as 1.6. I don't want a ROM at the expense of the phone running noticeably slower.

thanks,

brian

Advertisement
  2. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

So far for me, nothing runs as fast as Super D, so if you're doing comparison to it, there are no acceptable 2.1 ROM's to match.

OpenEclair seems to be pretty good for Eclair ROM's atm.

3. bhuether

bhuether Member This Topic's Starter

Is it the Super D shown here:

AndroidSPIN: ROM Database v12.0

It doesn't mention MT3G. Can you point me to a ROM confirmed to work with the MT3G?

Also, are there additional requirements?

Some instructions for ROMs state that you need to do a fat32 SD card format. I have yet to do that, but I was able to get 1.6 cyanogen (latest stable) working fine.

thanks,

brian

4. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

There are spots that say mytouch in there. Gotta look. I found a few under the AOSP 1.6 (donut)

BTW thanks for the site ill get my rom there now. LOL much easier

5. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Sorry, for some reason I didn't get a notification for this thread for replies. Yes, SD card with FAT32 is required, as well as rooting obviously. Other than that, just have Amon_RA's latest recovery image. Everything else is optional.

And I'm running Super D 1.8 on my MT3G, works just fine.

If you want to try Android 2.1, I'd get OpenEclair a try. Make sure you do that before going Super D though. Everything else becomes too slow once you've used Super D.

6. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

Personally I haven't tried other ROMs besides the Cyanogen. It was the first one for me to try and it does everything that I need and so I keep it and like it. So I would say go ahead and use Cyanogen until you get bored and curious then venture off to the others. OpenEclair is always appealing and the nice thing about it is that there are like 4 developers constantly working on it. Cyanogen is basically himself and now that he's gotten a Nexus he splits his time between the two, so updates are slower.

Also with the other ROMs there are other changes that need to take place like the SPL and the Radio, and that can be difficult, but I'm sure there are directions out there on it.

But to answer your main question, I do not personally know if Eclair works well, I would suggest going trying OpenEclair, they are always updating and improving. So because of that I would say that you can't go wrong with them. They wouldn't be producing a ROM and have so many users if it was super sluggish and impossible to use on a Mytouch. So give it a whirl if you'd like!

7. spongebobnopants

spongebobnopants Well-Known Member

I have been running a new beta 2.1 for 24 hours. no reboots yet and much better than the previous versions. Some of the new features in 2.1 are nice. Being able to dictate a text while driving is much safer.

8. TJBunch1228

TJBunch1228 Member

9. spongebobnopants

spongebobnopants Well-Known Member