• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does android have a temperature warning

Sadly, mine reboots or goes sleep-of-death randomly only while using the iheartradio app....which is the one app that gets used while I'm away from the phone doing something else (house-cleaning, etc.). Really gets annoying when I'm totally interested in what they're talking about on the radio (KFI :D) and it just....stops. :(

That's my fault, though, 'cause I'm running an OC kernel, so I'm already generating more heat than its supposed to -- but given the choice between the thing frying itself or merely rebooting or locking up, I'm glad they programmed that in.

Upvote 0
Normally if Android devices overheat or use too much memory they reboot by themselves, although that usually only happens with lower end devices

The reboot or overheating? If I played intense games on it for too long, my One X would reboot.

Likewise I've heard of Gen 1 Nexus 7's rebooting when they get too hot too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones