1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Android Read Microsoft Documents?

Last Updated:

1. Naudan

Naudan Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry all. With all my research and searching in the forums and on the web I could not find the answer...

Can the android phones read .doc .vsd .xls .pdf .ppt etc? I believe this is the only thing preventing me from switching over from a blackberry on Nov. 6th.

Can anyone let me know?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Try GDocs from the market

3. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

On a semi-related question, I am also curious to know if there is a way to set a file so it auto syncs between your computer and your phone?

4. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Try out Sugarsync.

5. lorenz

lorenz Member

Documents to go-full version. You can view and edit MS documents and create documents that are compatible.

6. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Documents To Go is the best solution I've found.

Dropbox is excellent. You may also want Dropsync. It adds lotsa flexibility to your phone's Dropbox.

7. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Not natively, but there are many apps that provide this capability. I recommend OfficeSuite Pro. Documents to Go is also popular, but it doesn't handle frozen columns or rows in Excel properly, which is a deal-breaker for me... especially on a smaller screen.

Again... not natively, but there are apps that do this. I like Dropbox and Google Docs, but there are other choices as well.

8. androidnewbie5

androidnewbie5 Active Member

Kingsoft office is an excellent and free suite. Has clones of MS office Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. I like it.

9. FrankXS

FrankXS Well-Known Member

The direct answer to your question, does Android read/write MS apps, is no. It does not.

It also does not include any way to explore or browse your file system. For each of these tasks you will need to download and install 3rd party apps.

I prefer Office Suite Pro for MS Office apps and File Manager and Astro File Manager for file browsing. I have purchased all three of the top rated MS Office compatible apps (including Docs 2 Go) and I still prefer Office Suite Pro. For the Office apps you'll pay around ~9-29 bucks, depending, and for the file managers, if you want them without ads, you'll pay a few bucks too. I really can't remember the prices, but you'll find them all on Google Play.

-Frank

10. candroid11

candroid11 Well-Known Member

Dropbox is the most obvious way to sync between all your devices. I suppose Drive would work too but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.