• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Androidforums and tapatalk no longer work?

Aw, way to rub it in. :(

I am glad to know that it is pretty good on the X-rated. (I'm not hating, the nickname for the Sprint EVO was "the Emo" amongst my friends so we named the Droid X, the Droid X-rated or the Droid XXX. Yeah, I know we need a hobby.)

Do you use Facebook, is it a better experience than stabbing yourself in the face repeatedly like it is on the Droid? Perhaps I wouldn't lament the loss of Tapatalk so much if the browser was as fast.

Umm I like the way the blur os(i am sorry but this is blur no matter what they say) does facebook....its alot better than the android app

the blur facebook integration is comparable to sense facebook & friendstream

Upvote 0
Yeah, this sucks. I just bought the paid version of tapatalk, thought it would fix the probelm. Wished I had read this first. The only other Android forum with any posting is mydroidworld.com. And it is mainly about rooting and other bs. Not much info about just daily use, and stuff like that. grrrrr

Upvote 0
I wonder what the security issue is. I too wish I had checked before I paid. There is at least one other forum I frequent that uses it, but depending on the issue, I'll just view it in-browser.

I would like to point out that when you visit this site with a mobile device, you still get a popup re tapatalk.

Upvote 0
I wish that Tapatalk would just go away all over the web. That annoying pop-up spam of theirs on forums you are not a member of is annoying as all hell. I am not a Tapatalk fan 1 bit so I am glad it's gone.

ps - yes, I did even try to use it months ago and think the app is poorly designed and laid out and they are all about endlessly pushing the Tapatalk brand in your face.. ugh

Upvote 0
I just ran into the same issue myself, sow this thing called tapatalk and downloaded it and thought it would be nice then found out there was a security issue on this forum. I researched and found out its a security issue with the forum software not tapatalk itsself but tapatalk was the target of the exploit. Its since been fixed (was a simple permissions issue) but then I read the thread linked above and the mods of this forum are saying they are leaving it disab;ed because it had one security issue which wasn't really its fault and has been fixed. I'm wondering how many of those mods still use Microsoft windows with its 50+ security issues that have been patched this year alone as well as all the currently unpatched security issues and they are going to not use an app that had and fixed one single issue compared, sounds like a double standard to me. I'm going to search out another Android forum to hang out on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones