Does angry birds work on huewei ascend?General

Last Updated:

1. shrub77

shrub77 New Member

hey guys does angry birds work on ascend? my dad got it for me on cricket so i wen to download it but when i ran it a black screen(blank whatver) appear. is it not compatible or is it my phone?
    ps it wrke on my dads hero. asscend and hero have bout the same specs so it shouldnt crash like that. does anyone have any insight on ths?

Advertisement
  2. P1zz4guy

P1zz4guy Well-Known Member

doesn't work for my phone or my gf's acsend either.
  3. Muldy

Muldy Member

Had the same problem. I was told it was a good game too.
  4. tilley

tilley New Member

I got it to run after a few tries, but it was REALLY slow - basically unplayable. don't know if it's the processor speed or what...
  5. Ascendedx

Ascendedx Active Member

Yeah unfortunately the game doesn't work on the ascend, if I recall right their working on it? Would be nice for a dev to pick up work on the ascend and get us a custom rom with an oc'ed kernel :) that could help.
  6. dEris

dEris Well-Known Member

SLF718 likes this.
  7. awgz17

awgz17 Active Member

It works on mine but it doesn't run smooth like it would on phones with better specs. I can still play it.
  8. Anduiril

Anduiril Well-Known Member

Turn off the background and it will run better. The new Rio works great though.
  9. Xaviera2010

Xaviera2010 Well-Known Member

It works on my Ascend.........it can be a little laggy sometimes but it stills works.

Also, I am unrooted.
  10. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

turn off background in angry birds settings.
  11. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

never played it lol
  12. nuttmeg

its addicting some times, lolz
  13. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

You just have to turn the screen off and back on when that blank screen is on, then you can play it.
  14. nuttmeg

mines load right up...i dont have to do that, plus i have cm7 install so also i have no lag, now if your on 2.1 than you have to turn screen off and back on...lol
  15. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

I am running Icarus, and you don't have to turn the screen off either. I am about to try CWM6....wish me luck
  16. nuttmeg

you will love it...:D
  17. Shawnsac2000

Shawnsac2000 Well-Known Member

It works fine for me, i have all three angry birds games. It doe's run a little slow but they still play.
  18. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

Did you ever try it? I just switched from Icarus to cm6 myself. I'm loving it.

On the angry birds question, I've known people running cm6 and 7, They say there is no lag with this game when you are using those roms. I don't know about Icarus though. ^.^
  19. JenniRose

JenniRose Member

it will work on the ascend but its verrrrryyy slowwwwww. my friend (who is also a cricket rep) just bought the optimus and sold his ascend. he says the optimus is so much less complicated than the ascend, games and apps run wayyy more smoothly, and he says the smaller screen isnt as bad as everyone thinks.....its still got good resolution lol.
  20. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

AB doesn't have the black screen issue on v1.5.3 and above for the Ascend, but it does take a while to load, and it does get laggy when you have a lot on the screen. Two things that help a lot: turn off the background from the little gear icon on the Play screen (background button looks like a mountain), and either go into Airplane mode or use an ad blocker. The main problem is the Ascend not having a dedicated GPU, which is why you get poor framerates.

FYI, AB Rio does not have an option to turn off background, sadly.
  21. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

If your running stock rom you will get a black scren. You then need to lock the screen and unlock. It'll still run really slow, but it helps if you turn off the background graphics.

I installed CM7 and Angry Birds Rio runs really smooth. I have not tested the original Angry Birds on CM7 but I would imagine it would run smooth as Rio does.

I have never tried Rio on stock rom but its a lot different then the orginal so I would give that a try if you don't wanna install CM7.
  22. nuttmeg

both rio and the original runs smooth, with no lag and to speed thing up even more you can turn of background in angry bird settings.
  23. Anduiril

Anduiril Well-Known Member

I haven't tried on CM6 or 7 yet but Angry Birds Rio worked great when running Icarus.
  24. Shawnsac2000

Shawnsac2000 Well-Known Member

I am stock and i have no trouble, no black screen.
  25. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

The Ascends RAM is way to low to support a game like Angry Birds.