• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does any one else use more then 12GB of data per month?

Man, I thought I was on mine a lot! 2-3GB/month but mostly Maps for travel and internet for hotels, POI's, etc. Plus work stuff, using a seperate modem for the laptop.

See, it's people like you that ruin it for the rest of us!!! :D:D:D

Hmmmm, going to go check out this "Jetflicks" thing...

(Just kidding people, just kidding!!!)

Upvote 0
Wow. I use my phone a ton. Lots of browsing, Pandora/LastFM, etc. I listen to Pandora or LastFM 4-5 hours each day and I will stream the audio from an MLB game using At Bat '10 nearly everyday. Yet I've never gone above 1.25GB and generally I'm under 1GB. I use WiFi as often as possible. I'm one of the few who is actually looking forward to a tiered plan assuming there is a tier that fits with my usage that will also save me a little money. With four phones (two of which are Droids) I pay over $200 per month to Verizon.

Upvote 0
Well I had a droid from launch day and always got from 5-12 GBs a month always with using wi-fi at every chance and then got a brand new one under exchange 2 months ago and my usage went to 600MB!! Yeah insane so to me some phones are messed up in my opinion. SO 12 is not unseen believe me. But still everyone says around 5GB so we will still be screwed with that. 4G now seems pointless to me to give us the ability to use all this data so fast and provide more bandwidth and then say ok yeah don't use your phone or go bankrupt doing so ugh!

Upvote 0
Well I had a droid from launch day and always got from 5-12 GBs a month always with using wi-fi at every chance and then got a brand new one under exchange 2 months ago and my usage went to 600MB!! Yeah insane so to me some phones are messed up in my opinion. SO 12 is not unseen believe me. But still everyone says around 5GB so we will still be screwed with that. 4G now seems pointless to me to give us the ability to use all this data so fast and provide more bandwidth and then say ok yeah don't use your phone or go bankrupt doing so ugh!

My point precisely

Upvote 0
Ive used 3GB so far and I have about 2 weeks left on my billing cycle. I stream Sirius and listen to Howard/Bubba all day at work. I really hope the tier'd data doesn't come soon. Though I assume it will be a grandfather thing as in if I don't sign a new contract, I will still have unlimited right?

Upvote 0
Another question is if the unlimited data plan is grendfathered does that mean any new smart phone purchased would have to be at the retail price in order to keep the old contract?
Exactly. You want a new phone you will have the new caps. I guess i'll be happy with my droid.

I used 7GB last month. Hopefully when we get 2.2 i'll pay for their 2gb tether plan and stop my ''illegal'' tether. That way i can download video podcasts instaed of the audio only im doing now with the phones unlimited package and not chance someone saying this guys downloading to much. Ah ha he is tethering ( even if my illegal tether is 500 MB of the 7GB used) cancel his contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the 2gb cap wifi tether for 20 bucks starting to go in the right direction.

Upvote 0
Exactly. You want a new phone you will have the new caps. I guess i'll be happy with my droid.

I used 7GB last month. Hopefully when we get 2.2 i'll pay for their 2gb tether plan and stop my ''illegal'' tether. That way i can download video podcasts instaed of the audio only im doing now with the phones unlimited package and not chance someone saying this guys downloading to much. Ah ha he is tethering ( even if my illegal tether is 500 MB of the 7GB used) cancel his contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the 2gb cap wifi tether for 20 bucks starting to go in the right direction.

You can still replace your phone without changing your contract. Either use ebay or pay full price. It would be worth it to to keep my unlimited plan.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones