Does anybody else have problems with the latitude appSupport

1. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

Has anyone else tried the Latitude App for finding family members and friends? My wife and I have our phones set on this and yet the locations are almost never correct or updated. It hardly ever shows our locations accurately and when it does its random.

Also when I try the real-time updating all I get is a server error message.

I have tried all the settings but to no avail. Any advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

I've used latitude since my Eris and nope I've got no problems. I see my friends and they see me correctly!
  3. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

Ok, it's probably me as usual. I'll play around more with the settings on both phones but I am running out of ideas. The only thing I've avoided doing is setting the Standalone GPS service. Is this necessary if I have set Verizon and Google?
  4. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

lol yes, that's your issue i'm sure. if you don't have standalone on, it'll give you the location of a radius of like 5 miles or something for yourself....same with other people..if they don't have gps on, it doesn't show their exact location..shows hwere the closest tower pings or something..with GPS on, you see your exact location, theirs too if theirs is on.

fwiw, i never use verizon services..only google and standalone
    zazan likes this.
  5. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

Yep, you are right. I avoided using it on all the time because of the warnings. I just would turn it on for actually destination directions when using the GPS as a GPS.

Thanks!
  6. ccc30

ccc30 New Member

hi just got a new cell phone..latitude doesnt find my old friends amd wont allow me to request them again?? someone help me
  7. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

You have to use the same Google Account on the phone that you used previously, then it is all mostly automatic. If you are using a new Google account you will have to add them to your Google Contacts first.

Go into Maps - Settings and enable Report from this Device and Location Sharing, then click Manage Friends and press the Refresh icon at bottom right, you might need to press the Menu button and select "Show Stale Friends" (Hmmm... didn't know my friends were stale! LOL)