does anybody know a sure way to delete downloaded ringtonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. cutebigman4u

cutebigman4u Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone tell me how to delete a downloaded ringtone from the moment that works help please

Advertisement
  2. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

plug your phone into your computer mount it and delete them from your computer

3. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Turn off phone > take out your SD card > plug SD card into your computer > find said ringtone file > delete file > remove SD card from computer > put the SD card back into the phone.

OR

Mount phone to your computer > find said ringtone file > delete file > unmount phone.

4. cutebigman4u

cutebigman4u Active Member This Topic's Starter

it seem that when u download from myxer the ringtone go to your phone not your sd card because they are not in my ringtone folder

5. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

Try downloading something like Astro file manager so you can see all the contents of your phone. Look around and you'll probably find it in one of the SD card folders or on the SD card by itself. Worth a shot.

6. Bigjohn

Bigjohn Well-Known Member

/system/media/audio/ringtones
    That's where they are.

7. unthinkable456

unthinkable456 New Member

i have looked in system/media/audio/ringtones and the ringtones are not there. i even took the sd card out of the phone and hooked it up to the computer, the ringtone doesnt show up on the card, but i can find it in the phone under ringtone settings but no way to remove. help?

8. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

another thought... did you check under Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint under content manager? i think that's where a lot of the downloaded call tones go... not sure if that's what it is or not.

9. kjchen69

kjchen69 Member

I was trying so hard on trying to delete the downloaded ringtone like cutebigman4you myself and at first, couldn't find it at all.
    later on, I downloaded some apps and the download histrory notification showed up and all downloaded stuff were there, even the ringtone's there that couldn't be found in anywhere else, so I hit clear the download history and the ringtones's gone!
    so hope this helps you!

but I can't find where to go in "Download Hostroy", does any one know how? thank you!

10. markathome

markathome Active Member

11. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

You have downloads in a separate folder - I found this out the silly way with a photo...

SD Card > download - sound should be here...

If you assigned it as a ringtone from this folder, it will place a duplicate in your 'media/ringtone' folder so you must delete them from both locations to make it go away. Then usually a reboot to rest the ringtone library and you are back in business.