Does anybody know how I can hook the X up to a TV through Component?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. NickBaragona

NickBaragona Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I will be going out of town to my moms, whose tv supports Component, but not HDMI. Any accessory out there for this?

Advertisement
  2. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

You would need 2 cables and an adapter. I found all of them on Amazon for about $25 total (not including shipping).

micro hdmi to hdmi cable ---- from phone to adapter
    hdmi female to female adapter
    hdmi to component cable ---- from adapter to TV

3. NickBaragona

I already have the Micro HD to HDMI cable, got it today when I bought the X at Verizon. $25....I guess that is overpriced lol

4. NickBaragona

Wait..if I put a movie on the X..will I be able to output it to a TV? I have heard mixed responses to this. Why would the X come with a Blockbuster App for viewing movies, if they could not be output to a TV?

5. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone knows for certain yet but it was pretty stupid of them to not include that functionality.

6. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

If you load the media to the device yourself, there shouldn't be an issue streaming it to a television via the output port, HOWEVER Motorola decided it was wise to restrict trademarked media, including any rentals or purchases using the Blockbuster app.

Interestingly enough, I don't see how Motorola nor Verizon can push people to use the Blockbuster app now...seeing as it looks like BB will be declaring bankruptcy by the end of the year.

7. NickBaragona

I put a movie on the X, and i was able to display it on my tv. I need to see if best buy has those parts i need to hook it to my tv through component!

8. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

I can almost guarantee this will not work. There are very few devices that will look for an analog signal over HDMI and even fewer that will output it that way.

On the bright side, you can buy small converter boxes that will do the HDMI to component conversion for you.