• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone else feel like....

acp

Android Expert
Nov 13, 2009
.....that Samsung will actually support the Captivate because it is part of the Galaxy S family? It seems to me that this phone will not sell well on ATT, especially now that I've seen so many price drops, but because of the 5 different Galaxy S phones I imagine as a whole these phones will sell and that means good support.

I honestly don't see how this phone wont sell well. As a hardcore BlackBerry user that I used to be and also having the Storm 1 and 2, this phone right here is probably the best piece of hardware I have ever owned in my life, when it comes to a mobile phone. Ive had the ipod touch before and it was sweet I will admit. But I always like to go with the underdogs and Im not really a fan of what Apple has to offer. I love the Android Operating System and this Samsung screen really REALLY blows my eyes out of the water. I cant see myself not messing with this phone for at least 4-5 hours a day. Thats how much its grown on me. They keep pushing out hardware and performance like this, they got my bid. And I never used to be a fan of Samsung once I experienced that Instinct they had. But this phone blows that one out of the water in everything.

Upvote 0
This phone has the best chances of being supported out of all the android phones. It's essentially the same hardware spread across all the carriers here in the U.S. and Europe(?). Hopefully Samsung steps up to the plate and supports the GS line adequately. Also, having the same hardware will make it easier for the xda guys to do their thing.

this was pretty much my sentiments....I sincerely have high hopes for this line of Samsung phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones