Does anyone else have MORE LAG with their Eris on 2.1 (v2)General

Last Updated:

1. hazeof3dd

hazeof3dd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm just curious if anyone has experienced more lag with 2.1 (the newer version) compared to 1.5? Everything else works just as well as everyone is reporting, just the usual bugs, however the phone in general seems to have slowed down, including the dialer. Now that I've got everything set back up again I'm considering another flash to see if it does anything, but even after doing *228 1&2, the lag is just not good. The only new app I've installed is Urban Spoon, and of course the Google Maps update. Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. rryyyaannn

rryyyaannn Member

I too have noticeably more lag after installing V2 of 2.1. I even noticed it right after the flash before I reloaded my apps.

3. srmccoy

srmccoy Well-Known Member

There's still a little lag, but not nearly as bad as I had with 1.5. I also loaded up a bajillion apps and was flicking around really fast to get it set back like I liked it.

Give it a few days. Once you get back to normal usage (i.e not re-installing tons of apps and changing settings) see how it works for you.

4. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

I did notice it at first, even battery drain faster. But that was yesterday and this is today. No lag today and battery much better. Go figure.

5. lukasty

lukasty Active Member

I had noticeable lag after installing the new leak, but after *228 1&2 it seems to be less buggy for me

6. hazeof3dd

See thats what puzzles me, same for me, when phone started up "2.1 factory-fresh" it was laggy... Hmmm we'll see, not like I can really do much about it anyways...

7. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

this is exactly how mine was... soooo much lag and sooooooooooooooo much battery drain for the first day and today it just seems like a switch flipped and everything is great now

8. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member

I noticed that V1 2.1 got a little laggy but was still better than 1.5. This V2 is superbly faster, although the battery life dropped like a brick at one point. It was full and then took a shit to yellow. Although it stayed on for a while I plugged it in when I went to bed at 8%. Disabled the mobile network stuff like I had before, hoping that the battery life goes back up.

Overall it is awesome, minus the facebook integration not linking my contacts correctly. Switching screens, no problem. Dialing, no problem either like V1 2.1

9. CGfreak102

CGfreak102 Member

Personally i dont get that much lag, less than having 1.5 installed.

I notice the same issues having lots of apps open eating up the RAM, so i installed a task killer app, and that has basically solved my main issues.

10. phonesex

phonesex Member

Your phone is likely laggy/battery life is subpar for the first few hours after the upgrade because.
    1) It's trying to sync with your 1,000+ friends on facebook/Contact Info/Pictures/Status updates
    2) It's trying to download all of your email

11. hazeof3dd

I'm now 2 days past updating to 2.1 ....

12. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Phone is even faster after the second 2.1 leak. I stopped using task killer a while back so have not downloaded it back. I am stumped why you have this lag.

One thing I did notice before I downloaded the second leak, I became lazy and stopped using task killer and just let my phone do its "thing"(for lack of a better term). This is when I noticed my phone became faster and the battery life significantly improved. Just my observation and not promoting anything in particular.

13. schmiffly

schmiffly Well-Known Member

Here is my take on the 2.1 Leak and (New) Leak.... There are always going to be devices out there that act differenly to the upgrades... Whether it be because of the differences in chips used or where they were manufactured or something like this... Always is the case and its the same on any phone on any carrier... I was a blkackberry user for many years and they had the same issues with Leaks and Official OS..

That being said, the 2.1 Leak and 2.1 (New) Leak are far superior than 1.5. MOST everything is better and faster... Its a different phone with 2.1... I do have to say that I dont see any significant increase in battery but I still love the phone...

:p

thenestor likes this.
  14. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

The only lag i ever experience is when downloading from the Market and trying to use the notificatoin bar

15. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

I dont have any noticeable lag on 2.1, if anything its noticeably faster now. Maybe its a particular app you have running that is resource intensive?

16. hookedMD

hookedMD Active Member

Dumb question but what does *228 do??

BTW, 2.1 is def faster than 1.5 for me...

17. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

*228 option 1 is initial service programming. Option 2 updates prl. Option 3 is being phased out.

18. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

I agree with Dan completely. I quit using a task manager about a month ago and my phone has been running great. After the v2 install I did download "System Panel" and use it ONLY for monitoring. It came in handy yesterday though, I downloaded Accuweather and it kept my phone awake so I killed it off, deleted it, and started using Weatherbug.
    2.1 V2 feels a lot snappier than V1 IMO.

19. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

Mine is much slower than 1.5. The only third party app is Swype. The most lag I notcie is when opening an app such as phone or messaging. The "loading" message comes up. This never happened on 1.5.

20. hazeof3dd

Well, its sped up.... Especially the dialer. Here's what I did, who knows if it made a difference or if it was just coincidence:

With 1.5, when you added someone to your favorites widget, you selected ahead of time what the default action was. However, in 2.1, you select default action first time you click on their name. So, none of my favorites had a default action, and the lag was incredible when I was trying to set that up the first time I would make a call to one of them. So, I went through and set each one up, did a battery pull, and voila! Dialer lag significantly reduced!

21. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

Seems the same as 1.5 to me, maybe even better because I'm adding the new features :)

22. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Everything is running really well for me. The only time I notice any sort of lag is when I wake the phone up after it has been asleep for a long period of time. Once I have had it on for about 10 seconds it seems to wake up and run right. I still get a little bit of dialer lag if I let the call log go for a few days, but clearing fixes that. The only other problem I have had was with the HTC battery widget killing my battery. Once I kicked that to the curb and starting using a different widget, my battery life is a whole lot better.

23. pcn2009

pcn2009 Active Member

The updated 2.1 leak runs just as well as the original leak, although the dialer lag has been dramatically reduced- and probably to the level where it's going to be at for the OTA.

24. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Yep deleted the HTC battery widget today and my battery life has changed 100%.

25. pmdied

pmdied Well-Known Member

My Eris:
    1.5 Good
    2.1 v1 Better
    2.1 v2 Mo' Better