• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone else think the EVO is too powerful

LOL.... U might have a point there. Sometimes it feels they packed way to much into this phone with no thought on how it would be able to do everything efficiently without dying every few hours. i see all these threads about all this crap we have to do to preserve battery life and its ridiculous. I personally dont mind and kind of enjoy tweaking my phone, but when u think of things from the average consumers point of view its just a hassle.

No one should have to turn off 4G, Wifi, GPS, Screen Brightness, Back ground sync, etc..... to get decent battery life. Part of the reason people buy these phones is all the things u have to turn off. Its just to much work for your average person. I hope Google focuses on these things from here on. they have answered most of the issues with the technical side of the OS, now its time to focus on polishing it up and improving battery life

Think of it like a great AV system. You can watch TV and not need your blu-ray turned on, or your DVR. Just turn on the components you need and don't waste electricity. The faster you run down your phone, the more you have to charge it and that raises your electric bill. yeah, it is minor, but it al adds up.

As phone users, we grew up "leaving the lights on in every room". Time to change that pattern and conserv. I am a heavy user and make business calls a lot through the day. Phone last a whole day easy for me. I certainly don't need GPS on while sitting at my desk talking...

Upvote 0
Wow, You guys make this dame feel like some kind of techie, (which I assure you I am not) but I sort of think that I am the exceptional girl where most cell phones are concerned. By the look of it there are several girls here who can hold there own with you guy techies.

For the record, smart chicks are hot. Smart techie geek chicks are hotter! I know, I live with one and she is to die for.

Sorry, that was kind of random....

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
this sounds akin to bemoaning that you need to get a virus scanner, defrag the harddrive, be careful of what you download and occasionally dump the temp folder in order to improve speed on your computer.

none of this is hard, you can go back to being spoonfed a closed, limited OS by going to apple

http://www.softwaredesignspr.com/pics/mac-vs-pc-motorcycles.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[B]Yikes.[/B] Why should a regular everyday person have to scan for viruses, defrag their machine, screen every single download, and dump temp folders? This is the sign of a broken system. Blissfully wearing that as a badge of honor to justify your OS choice is idiocy.

I agree with the OP. It's taken a few weeks of surfing this and other forums to figure out a setup for my phone that does everything I need it to do without one of the 50+ apps draining my battery with 3G in the background.

I've known toddlers who required less babysitting than this phone. Now that my setup seems to be working, I have a working phone. The only reason I didn't return the phone is iPhone 4 is sold out for weeks and I'm not as scared of technology as the average joe and tried to fix it myself.

Wearing "complicated" as a badge of honor is dumb. User experience should be simple and intuitive. I shouldn't have to know what defragging is to surf the internet

Reactions: RoboMonkey
Upvote 0
Wow, You guys make this dame feel like some kind of techie, (which I assure you I am not) but I sort of think that I am the exceptional girl where mos

For the record, smart chicks are hot. Smart techie geek chicks are hotter! I know, I live with one and she is to die for.

Sorry, that was kind of random....

But so freakin true. ;-)

Upvote 0
Serious reply - there's no doubt that iPhone (iOS) is more integrated and polished. But the price you pay for that is flexibility and openness which is the reason most people want Android in the 1st place.

Also don't forget Android updates frequently (2x the pace of others). All these things are software issues, they will get fixed by Google, HTC or custom Roms. What can't change is the inferior hardware on other phones.

If you don't tinker with all the settings and install a million tweaks and apps (just because you can) Android is no harder to use than the iPhone.

Upvote 0
Yikes. Why should a regular everyday person have to scan for viruses, defrag their machine, screen every single download, and dump temp folders? This is the sign of a broken system. Blissfully wearing that as a badge of honor to justify your OS choice is idiocy.

I agree with the OP. It's taken a few weeks of surfing this and other forums to figure out a setup for my phone that does everything I need it to do without one of the 50+ apps draining my battery with 3G in the background.

I've known toddlers who required less babysitting than this phone. Now that my setup seems to be working, I have a working phone. The only reason I didn't return the phone is iPhone 4 is sold out for weeks and I'm not as scared of technology as the average joe and tried to fix it myself.

Wearing "complicated" as a badge of honor is dumb. User experience should be simple and intuitive. I shouldn't have to know what defragging is to surf the internet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones