Does anyone else think the headphone jack's audio is really low?General

Last Updated:

1. L0stS0ul

L0stS0ul Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really like my Eris but the volume level is really bothering me. I can plug my IPod touch (with volume about 90%) into my car using the headphone jack and setting my car volume to a little less than half way is plenty loud. Playing the same audio tracks through the headphone jack of my Eris plugged in the exact same way with the volume cranked all the way up and I have to literally turn the stereo volume to the max to get the same level.

It's a pretty big annoyance. Has anyone found a way to amplify the volume farther?

Advertisement
  2. Syv3n

Syv3n Well-Known Member

I do not have this issue at all. WHen I use headphones I keep the volume below 25% and it is plenty loud. When I plug it into my car it is plenty loud and when I use it in my car to call people and listen through the speakers it is plenty loud..

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I don't have the problem either. On both my Eris and IPod touch I turn up the volume all the way. Then on my car stereo I'm using the same setting and they sound about the same to me. It's the same in two different cars. In one car I'm cabled directly into the stereo, in the other the output goes through and FM converter.

4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

yeah im listening now thru the headset and it is loud.

5. yoyohere2

yoyohere2 Well-Known Member

I had this problem. Turns out it was the audio cable. I had to push the audio cable in deeper, or turn it/tune it to get it louder. My audio is max and still hard to hear.

I tried a different audio cable and it sounded great on my toyota camry.

6. nekoki

nekoki Well-Known Member

When I listen to Pandora through the earphone jack, it has plenty of volume.

7. L0stS0ul

L0stS0ul Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

strange, I'll try a different cable and see if it helps then. I have had 2 eris's and both had the same volume in my car using both pandora and the built in music app. I did use the same cable in the car though on both phones. At least I know it's not supposed to be this quiet now :)

8. Blizzard

Blizzard Well-Known Member

I find volume low when using Utube.

Volume on all other applications is acceptable.