Does Anyone Have a Desire on O2

Last Updated:

1. Sypher

Sypher Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Noticed that The Carphone Warehouse started offering the Desire with O2 contracts this weekend. Not showing on the O2 website but then they may not update the website on weekends.

After reading some of the problems many people had on T-Mobile and even some on Orange I'm hoping O2 are going to leave the phone alone to avoid compatibility issues with protected apps.

Anyway, just reaching out to see if anyone has had experience with the Desire and O2.

Advertisement
  2. Reines

Reines Active Member

I picked up a Desire on O2 yesterday. So far it seems great, what are some of the issues you are worried about and I can let you know if they are a problem or not.

3. Sypher

Has O2 added anything to the phone? Widgets for example or changed defaults such as the home page on the browser?

4. Reines

Reines Active Member

No, though that's because (as you noticed) it's via the Carphonewarehouse not O2 directly, so its Carphonewarehouse that supply the phone rather than O2. It's not been messed with in any way, and is actually unlocked as well. I imagine if you were to get directly from O2 when they start offering it, the story may be different.

Sypher likes this.
  5. Sypher

Cheers. I think I will go the carphonewarehouse route too as to avoid any problems.

6. weirdNumber

weirdNumber Well-Known Member

CPW and Phones4U typically sell unlocked and debranded handsets, especially if you get early stock.

7. hippy

hippy Well-Known Member

Are CPW, Phones4U or O2 selling the Desire sim-free yet?

I have a Simplicity rolling monthly contract on O2 and want to buy the handset outright (if the Nexus doesn't appear soon).

8. stewcp

stewcp Member

Yes, I bought mine from CPW, sim free