1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Does anyone have a galaxy gear smartwatch

1. tikigod19

tikigod19 Well-Known Member

Hi all, just bought a galaxy gear and I'm having trouble with countless things. Mainly I can't get the eBay app and many seem to have it online, also despite seeing whatsapp notifications on it I can't see whatsapp on the share apps list after taking a photo

Biggest problem is summarised in their video though! I can't remove apps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0DahIcSOQM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post, I searched everywhere in tapatalk but can't find a gear forum

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Moved to the Gear forum, thanks.

FYI, it's in the "Other Devices" section so it's pretty near the bottom of the page and hard to find on tapa. :)
  3. tikigod19

Ah cool. Thanks for that
  4. tikigod19

It just appears that nobody has this watch! I can't find anything but a million reviews online.. No forum posts or technical help on uninstalling apps at all!
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Do you have to log in to your gmail account on the device itself or is it all done on the phone?

I've the Sony Smartwatch and if I want to install/uninstall apps on there, it's done on my handset via the smartconnect/smartwatch app.

How do you install stuff on the gear?
  6. tikigod19

you install via the galaxy gear manager on the phone (what you see me using in the youtube video) the problem comes when you need to remove the apps you click on the delete icon and it just hangs with a spinning circle.. I can't do anything.

All the logging in is done on the phone and the watch basically just acts as a notifier, so any notifications you get on your phone (almost all of them) you get on your watch. You can also see whatsapp, text, emails etc so you can read them on your watch also which is handy. It will certainly save me phone battery as I dont need to take it out of my pocket as much, but to be honest I'm not in love wth the phone, there are very limited apps available at the moment
  7. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

Just call Gear support at 888-987-4357. They were extremely helpful for me this morning getting mine up and running and it was a pleasant surprise to talk to all American tech support. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Check it out.