• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Does anyone have an OEM HTC car charger (with the light up blue logo)?

tracerit

Android Enthusiast
May 7, 2010
Orange County, CA
If you do, how does the micro usb tip fit into the EVO? Does it fit exactly like the stock cable that came with our EVOs? I've found that our phone is a little picky coming to cables, some fit perfectly and some you really need to push in and pull out which worries me because of the reports of the port dislodging.

Attachments

• HTC-Micro-USB-1.jpg
    HTC-Micro-USB-1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 115
If you do, how does the micro usb tip fit into the EVO? Does it fit exactly like the stock cable that came with our EVOs? I've found that our phone is a little picky coming to cables, some fit perfectly and some you really need to push in and pull out which worries me because of the reports of the port dislodging.

I used to have the same one with a miniUSB and it worked fantastic. Had I known there were adaptors for mini to microUSB, I never would've sold it.

That one lasted me from my Mogul to my Touch Pro and was still going strong. I highly recommend that charger.

Only thing is, why not buy the one with the cigarete lighter adaptor and USB cable separate? The adaptor part lights up HTC in white.

Upvote 0
I bought one on Ebay for $10 shipped and it works great. I absolutely love it!! Last time I checked there were only 2 sellers with them. I ordered from both and never received one(ebay refunded me). I can post the good seller if you'd like so you can order one.

drexappeal: got a link to what your referring to?

Upvote 0
I bought one on Ebay for $10 shipped and it works great. I absolutely love it!! Last time I checked there were only 2 sellers with them. I ordered from both and never received one(ebay refunded me). I can post the good seller if you'd like so you can order one.

drexappeal: got a link to what your referring to?

Can't find the link for the websites selling for cheaper, but I bought it from Expansys before the EVO was released

HTC HD2 Car Charger with USB/micUSB Cable CC C200 (1A/5V) #99H10051-00 - eXpansys Inc

Upvote 0
I used to have the same one with a miniUSB and it worked fantastic. Had I known there were adaptors for mini to microUSB, I never would've sold it.

That one lasted me from my Mogul to my Touch Pro and was still going strong. I highly recommend that charger.

Only thing is, why not buy the one with the cigarete lighter adaptor and USB cable separate? The adaptor part lights up HTC in white.

I had the blue one for my Touch Pro about 3 weeks before the EVO came out and kept it for some reason. Two weeks ago I found and bought the adaptors for the mini to mircoUSB. So glad I kept the blue charger. It works really good. Also here is a site that sells the cigarete lighter adaptor and USB cable separate, none OEM. HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

Upvote 0
I found out that HTC also released a dual USB slot charger as well! I may pick that up for when I'm travelling with other family members, so we don't have to carry multiple car chargers, just USB > micro or mini usb.
Ouch at the $30 for it!! I'd like to see the dual usb version from HTC. I have a non-HTC brand dual-usb wall charger and it works great. I just like having stuff with HTC brand name on it...

Upvote 0
i already have a Belkin Micro USB charger so that I can just connect any USB cable into its USB port but the problem is even though it's advertised at 1000ma charge rate, i only get the 500ma USB charge rate. There's a mod where you can solder to get it to recognize as AC charge but it's still charging at 500ma :/ 500ma isn't too bad when i'm at home but when I drive 30min to work, I'd like to be able to get my battery charged at least 20% instead of 10.

Upvote 0
I had the blue one for my Touch Pro about 3 weeks before the EVO came out and kept it for some reason. Two weeks ago I found and bought the adaptors for the mini to mircoUSB. So glad I kept the blue charger. It works really good. Also here is a site that sells the cigarete lighter adaptor and USB cable separate, none OEM. HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

Yeah, I found out about those adaptors when it was already too late and I sold my touch pro with that charger. Really did love that charger and was about to get another w/ a micro USB end, but then I saw the removable one and thought it'd be more convenient for me in the event I didn't have a USB cable with me and needed to connect to my laptop.

All good though. The blue HTC charger is definitely worth the price that you can get it on ebay for! I got that thing when it was first released and cost me $30!

Upvote 0
Ouch at the $30 for it!! I'd like to see the dual usb version from HTC. I have a non-HTC brand dual-usb wall charger and it works great. I just like having stuff with HTC brand name on it...

Yeah. Kinda pricey. Very cool looking, but there are other generic ones out there that'll be a lot cheaper.

I like the OEM HTC stuff a lot and would normally be willing to pay, but I don't really have a need for this right now.

Upvote 0
that one looks good but i was trying to find a cc c200 charger from htc for sale in the US. most of the sellers are overseas and i don't want to wait. the reason i wanted the cc c200 is that it allows me to charge all of my usb devices since the cable is removeable. anybody have a link from a us seller selling that model at a decent price?

Upvote 0
that one looks good but i was trying to find a cc c200 charger from htc for sale in the US. most of the sellers are overseas and i don't want to wait. the reason i wanted the cc c200 is that it allows me to charge all of my usb devices since the cable is removeable. anybody have a link from a us seller selling that model at a decent price?

What's "decent" for you? Everyone has different opinions on that term ("decent") when it comes to pricing.

Upvote 0
well i'd like to stay below $20 if possible. but basically what's the cheapest i can get this particular model from a US seller

I've seen sales where you could get it for $19.99, but right now, everywhere else I've seen it is $29.99. Just have to keep searching until they list it for cheaper.

I'm sure they'll eventually have sellers selling it on ebay too (just like the blue lighted HTC charger).

Upvote 0
cool but where do you see them selling for $29.99 from the US? if that's the only choice then i might just have to take it.

edit: i see that they sell it for 29.99 at expansys-usa. thanks. on the expansys website, they list different cc c200 for different prices though. Some as cheap as $21.99. are there any differences? they seem to also sell the cc c300, which is the car charger with 2 usb slots for 3 dollars cheaper though. any idea why that is?

Upvote 0
cool but where do you see them selling for $29.99 from the US? if that's the only choice then i might just have to take it.

edit: i see that they sell it for 29.99 at expansys-usa. thanks. on the expansys website, they list different cc c200 for different prices though. Some as cheap as $21.99. are there any differences? they seem to also sell the cc c300, which is the car charger with 2 usb slots for 3 dollars cheaper though. any idea why that is?

I posted on post #4
http://androidforums.com/1585752-post4.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones