does anyone hear their alarm??!!General

Last Updated:

1. Houstatlanavegas

Houstatlanavegas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

for some reason or.another i have no idea, but i.cant hear my alarm and thats a problem cause then i miss school. does anyone else have this problem or am i by me lonesome? its really kinda annoying

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I have to put the phone screen-down on my side table to hear it. Make sure that under the alarm settings that your alarm volume is all the way up too. It doesn't use the same volume as the ringer or notifications.

3. Houstatlanavegas

no its.more like it wont go off when or if it goes off works perfectly fine but it doesnt go pff all the time

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I've seen reports of this problem off and on over the months, but I've never had the problem myself. I have an alarm on my phone that goes off Tues - Fri in the morning that we use as my wife's wake-up alarm. I've heard of the face up/face down problem reported before, but I've placed my phone on the stand both ways and the alarm still goes off (quieter if face up since that puts the speaker on the bottom) .

I also will sometimes set an alarm to go off to remind me to go feed a parking meter, for days when I park in metered parking. I've yet to have any of those alarms fail.

5. Tex_Norseman

Tex_Norseman Active Member

Also make sure if you have a task killer installed that you uncheck the clock, otherwise that could cause it to not work as well. That was my issue.

6. Houstatlanavegas

never.thought of that ill se if it works.

7. Houstatlanavegas

thanks ill try it

8. ral2108

ral2108 Active Member

I have this problem. Sometimes the alarm will sound, other times it will "go off" (can see alarm going off on screen) but there is no sound. So I can never trust my phone as an alarm. just another problem among many. I am on leak v3 but I had this problem in 1.5 as well.

9. Human

Human Member

I had that before my refurb. To fix, when you set your alarm, go to choose your alarm sound, press the sound you want to play, and press volume up while the sound plays. I can't remember if I had to do that every time or not, but it seemed to do the trick.

10. RS36

RS36 Member

Besides the alarm volume, task killer is your next step (if you're using one). I've found that even with the clock unchecked, I still don't trust it. I literally set my alarm fresh every night and I've yet to have an issue.

11. Roaddog

Roaddog Well-Known Member

Step 1: If you're still running a task killer, uninstall it as they're not needed and domore harm than good on a Linux based system.

Step 2: Download an app from the market called Audio Manager. It allows you to set all of your volume levels separately from a widget, save presets and set audio profiles.

Step 3: Rejoice! You'll never have to double check the alarm volume while you're setting the ringtone again.

I used to have the same issue as the OP and this app solved it. It's also nice to be able to hit a single icon on your home screen and have ALL your audio settings set immediately how you want them.

12. ral2108

ral2108 Active Member

But on a slow phone such as the Eris, my phone moves considerably faster after killing unnecessary background tasks. Perhaps something for the alarm is getting killed, but I could not run my phone without a task killer...

13. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

yeah, sorry, but not running a task killer on this pos is a terrible, awful idea. i just uncheck clock when i need the alarm. not that hard. this thing gets ridiculously slow, and i don't see my linux based system killing off un-needed memory at all, causing things to become incredibally slow.

14. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Lol, you guys run task killers.

15. srmccoy

srmccoy Well-Known Member

If you don't mind using an Alternative, there's an App in the Market called "Alarm Clock Xtreme." Alarm Clock Xtreme (FREE) - Android app on AppBrain

The cool thing about this app is that once the Alarm goes off, it doesn't stop going off until you actually start leaving and heading towards your destination (uses GPS). You can snooze the app so if you do get up you can snooze it for up to an hour (so it's not going off while you are getting ready). It also has volume settings that allow it to get louder if you don't get up immediately.

It's a bit "Xtreme" but if you're concerned about making it to school on time then there's nothing else I can think of that will work as well.

16. Roaddog

Roaddog Well-Known Member

Gotta say I agree with this. There's been a LOT of spirited debate around these parts centered on this issue, but in general, no you don't need one. You're only killing things that will now take LONGER to get up and running again. If youre having issues with a specific app, get rid of that app. It has to do with memory management, I understand. Long story short a linux system doesn't follow the Windows maxim of "more memory = more speed." I suggest you search OfTheDamned's old posts on the subject as they're quite informative and filled with info to back it up

17. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member

i also suggest the AudioManager app...

I had this same problem as well when I first got my phone but found out it was due to my alarm volume being turned down somehow!? But after I downloaded AudioManager I was able to control the alarm volume from there and it always stayed at full volume.

I also make sure to put my phone screen down otherwise the speaker is completely covered and basically silences the phone.

18. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

Try Klaxon.

It's an alarm clock that I feel is better and more customizable than the stock one, so download it!

19. Lagos

Lagos Well-Known Member

Stock alarm works great for me. Use it every morning.

20. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

This.

Also, I downloaded AudioManager. It has a nice widget, is free, and now I don't have any ringer issues or media volume problems or alarm volume problems. In fact, before I installed the widget, it was really hard to get all my volumes set and working, and often I would find my alarm not sounding or my ringer not working or missing texts or something happening else happening all the time. So, I would recommend using that after I recommend uninstalling whatever task killer you have, lol.

21. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

My stock alarm wakes me up every morning at 5AM

dammit.....