Does anyone know how to get the msl for this phoneSupport

1. nsomniac

nsomniac Active Member

i have talked to straight talk many times today, and i cannot find the unlock code for my phone, i even tried calling sprint for it to no avail. this is lame, the customer support for straight talk is HORRIBLE seriously considering changing to boost.......

Advertisement
    :
  2. danielmike

danielmike Well-Known Member

Download Android Terminal from the marketplace make sure you have root first then open your terminal.. It will prompt you for superuser permission select allow then on the terminal type in su this will give you access to your os so you can type your commands. Next you want to type getprop ril.MSL and hit enter.. The terminal will now show you your msl... Hope this helps!!!
    WickedFux likes this.
  3. woobieizer

woobieizer Well-Known Member

Even with Terminal w/superuser permissions... you will not be able to find 6 digit MSL..

from my phones msldiag.txt

Diagnostic output:
    Running as root.
    Stopping rild...
    Asking for MSL...
    Starting rild...
    Done.

Diagnostic error:
    /data/data/com.esccode.msl/cache/readmsl.sh: cannot create /dev/smd0: error 19
    /dev/smd0: No such device
    could not kill pid 8591: No such process
  4. nsomniac

nsomniac Active Member

I have done all of that, i have even copied the file system to a pc and gone through most of the files with a hex editor, NADA, believe me if it were as easy as a getprop ril.MSL i woulda had it by now and explained how to do it. The nv ram is locked so i cant get to those files ( NV_001, NV_002, etc. ) the only thing that i even found that was close was the fact that CDMA says that the full version can calculate the msl using the phone serial and such... this blows.
  5. danielmike

danielmike Well-Known Member

Really thats crazy... Samsung must be watching these forums to prevent modding cause I get mine that way for all my androids... Sorry maybe a way will be found...
  6. amedasu

amedasu New Member

woobieizer likes this.
  7. woobieizer

woobieizer Well-Known Member

For those that need a visual guide. here it is:
    Assumption: You have installed "Alogcat" from Marketplace and know how to hit the "Home" button to move between running apps.

Start Alogcat and pre apply MSL Filter

[​IMG]

Hit HOME Button and
    Bring up Dialer
    Input ##3282#

[​IMG]

Press Edit

[​IMG]

Put in random 6 digits (msl)

[​IMG]

Quick eyes will notice this message

[​IMG]

Hit BACK Button and Hit Alogcat Icon to
    restore the 'pre filtered results'

[​IMG]

Thanks to amedasu for the verbose guide and HUGE Find!

Next You may want to Study PRL files and how to use them in xPureEvilx's Guide.

8. Ibgooncrazy

Ibgooncrazy New Member

I unlocked mine today...it was the last 4 digits of the ph number
  9. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

That's not the MSL, that's the screen unlock code - totally different.