Does anyone know how to prevent Amazon mp3 from self-launching all the time?Support

Last Updated:

1. IndivisibleP

IndivisibleP Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I guess it doesnt really harm much, at least in terms of memory and cpu load, but its just the principle. I dont want that spamware on my phone in the first place, and the fact that it is already taking whatever amount of valuable internal storage that it is is bad enough. Any app for this? Something that just prevents apps from launching?

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Are you on the most current version of the app? I seem to recall the last update mentioning something about a mod to prevent the app from auto-starting.

Just checked AndroLib, below what it says about the current version. If you're on the current version then you should check the 'auto-resume downloads' setting.

New in v1.8.29:
    * “Auto-resume downloads” (was “Monitor connection”) setting is disabled by default
    * App no longer starts in the background unless “Auto-resume downloads” is enabled or device language changes

3. Selespeed

Selespeed Well-Known Member

It you gain root access you can remove it (and any other apps you don't want)

4. IndivisibleP

5. IndivisibleP

so yeah, the newest version of Amazon Mp3 does come with a "stop harrassing my phone" feature, which is cool. thank you