Does anyone know if best buy installs screen protectors?Accessories

1. TheNextOne21

TheNextOne21 Well-Known Member

Could i bring my Steinheil's crystal clear and pay them to install for me/.

Advertisement
  2. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I have no idea, but I bought a protector when I bought my MD, and the rep offered to install it. I refused installation, as I would rather do it myself :)

Worth a call! Or if you are REALLY needing someone to do this.... maybe a mall kiosk or a car window tint place?
  3. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

I'd have to take a look at how its installed. If its a solutions based install similar to Zagg, I'd install it.

$7.99 at Best Buy Mobile
  4. jmorisey

jmorisey Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that they install the ZAGG Screen protectors, for a charge. Not sure, though, if you can take a protector in that you purchased elsewhere and have them do it. IMO, if you are paying them to install it, I don't see why not... however, on the other side of that statement, they have not been trained and can not replace that protector should they foul it up.

Only way to know is to call.

Jon
  5. Tinsammich

Tinsammich Well-Known Member

I know they are trained to install the Zagg Invisashield screen protectors they sell but dont they will install something that they don't carry and that you bought somewhere else. Also, if they mess it up they have no way to grab another one off the wall and you would basically be SOL.
  6. Chandria

Chandria Well-Known Member

You should just watch the how to video and do it yourself. It really is easy to put on. It was my first time and I spent more time reading on the forum about it then actually doing it. It literally took me 10 minutes and I have a flawless installation. It was actually fun putting it on. :)
  7. Frenchy180

Frenchy180 Active Member

All I know is they do in fact install the Zagg Invisashield's, and sometimes will do it for free depending on who you're talking too... I got mine installed free tonight, just for the fact that I had the Incredible lol
  8. hgoldner

hgoldner Well-Known Member

I have installed many of these myself on various devices for years, but decided (based upon other comments in this forum) to allow Best Buy to install the Zagg on my Incredible.

They did the best job I've ever seen doing such an install; wisely removed the battery when they did it, and told me to keep it naked for a day while the screen protected settled in.

Just make sure they completely dry the unit --- I've heard of some reinstalling the battery while it was wet and hosing their phones. I did not encounter such a problem; the guy was really good at it.
  9. sucker4pa1n

sucker4pa1n Well-Known Member

I bought my Zagg at BB but opted to let myself install it after seeing a slap-happy job a third party dealer did installed a screen protector on my fiancee's MotoDroid. Granted, he was her friend and gave it to her for free, but the bubbles would drive me nuts.

It installed fine, but I'm curious if anyone else noticed a weird ripple-look (not perfectly flat surface) when you tilt the phone and reflect light off it? It also tends to feel "tacky" compared to the cheap (and visibility-degrading) VzW screen protectors. Plus I've actually acquired some scratches on it, or marks of some sort, that seem to not disappear... which is strange for something supposedly impenetrable.
  10. ryknoll3

ryknoll3 Active Member

That is one of the knocks on the Zagg's. They usually have that "orange-peel" look when installed. As far as the tacky feel, I installed on on my iPod Touch and the first couple days it was tacky, and I wasn't very happy about it, but the tackiness soon went away and it seems smooth to me. Don't know what to tell you about the scratches. Mine seems pretty tough.
  11. syntrix

I almost like the tackiness but the zagg's are way too thick. Less tacky and better response is the `clear protector` brand... I've used them on the last 1/2 dozen phones I've owned and they have been great. They are basically thinner than zagg, but offer a lot of protection.

You can find them on ebay, and they are much cheaper than zagg!
  12. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Steinheils are super easy to install. Watch a few youtube videos.
  13. tsears

tsears Member

They do, and they suck at it. Had lint in my Zagg.
  14. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

They did a great job on my zagg. But they also gave it to me for free and installed it for free. Not the best screen protector of the selection but you can't beat free. (you just have to know the cell manager - or know how to work em)

Like they said, give em a call and ask!!
  15. syntrix

Aren't these the hard plastic ones that will pop off if you put pressure on a corner?
  16. jaymf

jaymf Well-Known Member

ugh, me too. and it was put on unevenly, i had to force it over a bit so that the coverage was at least even. even so, get lint buildup at the edges (though that's probably more the cut of the protector).
  17. Shtang

Shtang Member

The local BestBuy did the install for my ZAGG for 8 bucks or so. He was a pro and spent 10mins installing it. He had his own tool case to install, cleaned the hell out of it and used a microfiber to make sure there was no dust. Lined up perfect and not a single bubble. Worth the cash as i probably would have screwed it up! lol
  18. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

at best buy (at least in arizona) you can buy Ghost Armour and they carry a lifetime warranty and free install. I paid about $15 for it on my moto droid. They gave me a new one from my incredible with my droid warranty. Cost $5 for "install" but you also get the protector too since they did put a special fit on on the screen. They also gave me all the other parts so I could install the protector on the other parts of the phone if I want.