• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does anyone know of a list of system apps that can be safely disabled? [Boost Mobile] ZTE Prestige

TruthSeeker8

Lurker
Aug 22, 2016
[Boost Mobile] - ZTE Prestige - Android version 5.1.1
Does anyone know of a list of system apps that can be safely disabled?
I've been warned that my "storage space is running low and some system functions may not work"
I've moved all of my apps (that can be moved) to my SD card, have cleared the cache on everything, moved all of my photos to Google Drive & deleted them in my phones gallery, deleted leftover files from apps that no longer exist, and have done all the rest of the recommended actions to free up space.
So I was hoping to delete the data & disable any system apps that I don't need.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:The following comment was made on the pretense of root being achieved. Sorry.

Deleting system apps is a dangerous undertaking. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone willing to provide a list.
I'm guessing that your bootloader is still locked, and that being the case you probably don't have a custom recovery installed.
So, and I'm guessing this is where you're headed, when you Bork it you will be in trouble. Best to learn how to recover from that before it happens.
Certain packages depend on others. On every boot the system is scanned for these, if one is missing...boot up will not complete aka bootloop!
My words probably won't prevent this so, download Titanium Backup. Find the package you want and freeze it. Run the device and watch for F/C's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some can be disabled. Either in app manager or via the app drawer. The app drawer ability is only on some devices.
It is still not advisable. In the photo I have shown an app which can be disable. Doing so however would prevent me from downloading and installing apps from the Playstore.
20160829_040202.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones