• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does anyone know what the data file limit will be?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find this information in reading the forums. Does anyone know what the data file limit will be on the TB? I currently have a DInc, and at least two times a week I get the "low disk space" error.

This is the biggest gripe I have with the phone, except for the fact that, in the past week, the screen turns itself on at night. Anyone know what is causing this problem?

I have the TB on order because I really want a phone that has talk and data at the same time (I had to switch carriers from AT&T to Verizon because of the terrible AT&T service in my new office). If the TB is going to have the same problems, I my pass and wait for the next Verizon talk/data phone (but not the iPhone, I love the Android OS).

I think the Inc is the only larger app space device that had the "honor" of a dumbwit dev at HTC apply a 135mb cap to the data/data file directory. What should have happened is 100 more megs allocated to that directory. We would have lost 100mb of the 6.6gb free, but NO out of space errors unless REALLY out of space.

I simply zap any apps that put too much data in there (easy to see in settings / app manager). I doubt the TB will have this constraint.

Upvote 0
I do the "zap", but its a pain in the you know what.

Any thoughts on why the screen turns itself on at night?

By "zap" I mean I uninstall them (only way to get rid of space error).

Seems you have an aggressive app. Check battery usage of apps and see if one sticks out. I had a local news app that was killing my device. I uninstalled the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones