does anyone know when orange will release froyo?

Last Updated:

1. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

as subject says, i had read it was supposed to be the end of last month but i am still getting nothing, i am on contract with them.

Advertisement
  2. balders

balders Well-Known Member

he's doesn't say which year though.

3. brodycz

brodycz New Member

Hi my friend updated last week onto 2.2 and he is with Orange.. So the update is there..

4. balders

balders Well-Known Member

I'm guessing your friend is on Orange but got his phone through the carphone warehouse or something similar. If you got it directly form Oj you will be waiting a few more weeks.

Unless I'm missing something.

5. chrisjackson1985

chrisjackson1985 Well-Known Member

I'm on orange uk with the samsung galaxy s, when do I get 2.2?

and how do you check if there is an update available?

6. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Chris, it is supposed to be mid Sept as far as I have read, I don’t know your phone but you should an option in the settings to search for any software / firmware updates, at the moment it will probably say it can't find any, unless there are some for your 2.1 version.
    Your phone may also be setup to do automatic searches for updates every few days etc.. so you may get a message automatically telling you.

James

7. chrisjackson1985

chrisjackson1985 Well-Known Member

can't see nothing in the settings to check, but I did connect the phone to samsung kies and looked for an update on the firmware and it said I was using the latest already

Awwww, hope I don't have to wait long, htc and all the others are already getting 2.2

8. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

james_uk, when asking a phone specific question like this, it's best to ask in your own phone's forum, ok? You'll get quicker answers and the discussion will be kept relevant to your phone.

I would move this thread but we've already got two different phones being discussed.

9. Sid Bonkers

Sid Bonkers Well-Known Member

Hi James, I am in the UK too and have a Samsung Apollo i5801 that was locked to Orange ;) and have been told by a T-Mobile tech and a couple of other knowledgeable guys to expect a 2.2 upgrade in the next week or so.

It cant come soon enough for me so I can get rid of all the Ornage cr@p from my phone :D