does anyone know?General

Last Updated: 2012-12-07 20:40:02
  1. albanymike

albanymike Well-Known Member

I got my MSL and did ##3282# but there no save button? I got rid of the proxies and changed the ip to one I use on my warp and was getting 400 to 800 or 1mb. when I do it to the galaxy they reset to eriv and I want them to stay at 4g, I change them but there no save button? Called in and they said must be 24 hours before we can work on the phone?

Any ideas ?

Advertisement
  2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Are you trying to change your vocoder settings for data speed? The vocoder is "voice encoder" those settings affect voice quality on cellular calls, and are not for data.

Codegerm
  3. albanymike

no I just got ride of the proxies and used a different IP. 200 600 k now. not the best but I can stream Slackers
  4. albanymike

funny I turn on 4G and got 5000kps and I"M SURE wifi was off? whats up with that?
  5. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Remember cellular data speeds always fluctuate (due to load on tower and also weather conditions). That coupled with every time you make a setting change that makes the radio reset the phone will try to get the best channel it can (that is why apps that cycle your transmitters off and on to "improve" your signal seem to work). now 4G data (forth generation) is different thing than 4GV vododer. 5000kbps (5Mbps) is about an average speed for Wimax 4G, again the same rules for weather and load apply. Yes going into the multimedia section and removing the proxies does help (I did that back with the Prevail too)

Codegerm
    LilBit likes this.