1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone play wordfeud?

Last Updated:

1. shortydoowop34

shortydoowop34 New Member This Topic's Starter

Just curious if anyone plays wordfeud and if so feel free to challenge me my sn is Trinablue

Advertisement
  2. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Tried. But it takes too long to finish a game and it seems some people have quite the "vocabulary".....READ: C H E A T S that look up words. Can't stand that kind of stuff.

3. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

+1

I stopped playing when suddenly everybody acquired their PhD in English vocabulary.

4. shortydoowop34

shortydoowop34 New Member This Topic's Starter

yea cheaters suck....

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I just play with friends. If someone starts using ridiculous words I resign and ignore them. Feel free to send me an invite, I'm NecoSino, lol.

6. Bang Bang Boom

Bang Bang Boom Well-Known Member

feel free to play me, wilky.... mines always on i love it..

what people need to remember is, it isnt just the english language in the game...

7. OVurt

OVurt New Member

Don't think people cheat just because they come up with strange words. I play Scrabble and I don't know the meaning of many of the words I use. I just study the 2-letter words, 3-letter words, Q-words that don't need a 'U'. You'd be surprised how well you can do just starting with those 3 tactics and playing words in parallel.

One hint, use words that phonetically spell out the letters of the alphabet (i.e. "A" = ay, "V"=vee).

Doing well in Scrabble doesn't equate to expanded vocabulary. Doing well in Scrabble means having good memorization skills.

We don't all cheat. ;) Besides, I play not to win but because I get personal satisfaction trying to come up with my words. And if they cheat, I'm sure I'll learn some new words from them.

The one thing I had to adjust to is the new layout of WordFeud. It's much easier to hit the double and triple word on one play. Gotta learn not to leave that opening.

BTW, I do play WordFeud and my name is OVurt.

8. dmt1809

dmt1809 New Member

i play it all the time :D have been busy with work though :-/ my username is relrel18093

9. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

An occasional strange word is fine but a whole string of them is suspicious as hell...

10. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

i'll agree with OVurt. I dont know the definition of half the words I play but I still pull off 40+ point words in almost every game and I don't cheat.

however, I do agree that people cheat more often that people realize. When you start playing words right next to another word (sharing more than 1 or 2 chars from the prev word), then you're cheating. If you do that once or twice, then okay. But not on every word.

11. fsc

fsc Active Member

I love playing WF! Hit me up, username: zacho.

As for cheating, I haven't encountered alot of that I don't think. I agree with many of the comments here. I know alot of obscure words just from playing alot of Scrabble. Also trial and error sometimes but I think that's a strategy more that cheating. I don't agree that laying words alongside each other is a tip off to cheating. It's just good strategy. I always look for an opportunity to do that before I even look at playing a word just perpendicular to another one.

Let's play!

12. nyydynasty

I agree with you 100% that laying down words adjacent to another is not a sign of cheating but when you have someone doing it on every word, then they're either (1) really that good or (2) cheating.

thats all I meant.

13. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

A friend of mine encourage me to play him. I've never played Scrabble in my life and I'm currently stuck waiting on him to make his 3rd move. I have no clue if I like the game or not. My user name is brainboy316 though if anyone wants to take advantage of a noob.

14. nyydynasty

its these reasons why there is a time limit (72 hours?) on moves

15. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I hate being at work. I get real spotty service but play whenever I can, haha.. My girlfriend had the day off yesterday and did nothing but played; she has like 30 games going!

16. zero1949

zero1949 New Member

Anyone know why I cant play the word june?

17. Mamakatster

Mamakatster New Member

Hey everyone:

Uh, what if I happen to have a degree in English (I do) ? I'm also a medical transcriptionist so I know a little bit of a lot of languages - German, Latin, French, Italian...

I have a knack for language and I find I can keep up (sometimes) in Wordfeud in other languages as well (especially Spanish, which I also took in college). So it would be a shame to have someone quit on me, assuming I'm cheating!

Maybe there is an advanced version? College level and above?

No I don't think I'm so smart! If this was numberfeud I'd be screwed! I suck at math, LOL

K.

18. Mamakatster

Mamakatster New Member

Proper noun?