• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone regret switching from iPhone to Android?

ktchong

Android Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2010
I was typing "regret swi..." into the Google Search Bar, and Google immediately completed my sentence with "regretting switching from iphone to android". Which means that is a very popular search term.

I'm wondering who else is regretting switching from iPhone to Android?

I was typing "regret swi..." into the Google Search Bar, and Google immediately completed my sentence with "regretting switching from iphone to android". Which means that is a very popular search term.

I'm wondering who else is regretting switching from iPhone to Android?

If you go onto Macrumors forum, you'll see a few posts like that pop-up from time to time. However, lately there have been more postings of people asking about various android phones, specifically HTC One X, SGS3 and Galaxy Nexus, than those coming back to iOS after trying Android.

There have been enough of these posts that users of the forum are asking the admins to create an Android subforum! Admins have been saying, 'No' to it however. Not surprising! Even Macrumors is a walled garden apparently. :mad:

I am sure there are people that do regret switching to Android from iOS, but I am def not one of them!

Upvote 0
If you go onto Macrumors forum, you'll see a few posts like that pop-up from time to time. However, lately there have been more postings of people asking about various android phones, specifically HTC One X, SGS3 and Galaxy Nexus, than those coming back to iOS after trying Android.

There have been enough of these posts that users of the forum are asking the admins to create an Android subforum! Admins have been saying, 'No' to it however. Not surprising! Even Macrumors is a walled garden apparently. :mad:

I am sure there are people that do regret switching to Android from iOS, but I am def not one of them!

I think this news phones are giving the people at macrumors something to think about.

Upvote 0
i am sure.. if they regret it.. and gone back to IOS... they might not be here to answer this thread.

so..there has been a lot..

but i am just as sure.. there have been a lot that gone to IOS.. and come back to android.

so, maybe.. those that came back to android.. should also respond here too and give their reasons. I would be interested to hear them
:p

Upvote 0
Nope, don't regret it at all. Sure, sometimes my old iPhone is a little smoother and more stable than my Droid X, but the extra degrees of freedom I have with Android far outweigh the smoothness of iOS. And yes, my iPhone is jailbroken, and even then, it isn't as free as my unrooted DX, and the freedom the jailbreak gives isn't as easy to make use of.

Reactions: ghost0211
Upvote 0
I see a lot of people switching from Android to Apple because of battery life and a couple other things.

Most users don't root or any of that stuff so they can't double their battery life etc with updated kernels/roms/radios.

They don't want to learn know how to optimize an OS (I don't blame ya - not for everyone) and rock out all day on 100% screen brightness on a 4.7" SUPER AMOLED screen etc...

I see a lot of non-techies jumping to iPhone because of this including my brother and a couple friends who coincidentally all know nothing about computers.

Upvote 0
The features are almost the same between ios and android in recent models. But the android devices are much cheaper than ios, this is the reason why people do the switch and has a nice experience too.
Price may be one reason, but I think there are many more reasons for switching to Android, and most of them have to do with sweet freedom.:)

Upvote 0
Let's keep the mood cool in here...it's already hot enough all over the country (USA, that is). These threads get the "slide to lock" by the boys and girls in red. It's all about the subject matter y'all, not yelling at each other.

To be relevant, I never used iOS, but the screen size of the iPhone was a problem, for me, after I went to the DInc, so I never thought to switch.

jmar

Upvote 0
I like that I can do anything I want with an android device. With an iPhone if there's not a feature you want, you wait untill next year and hope they've included it.
With an android, its open source so a developer makes it happen.

My main thing when looking at a phone to purchase are the specs, and apart from the screen (so people can go ooh and ahh) apple just doesn't compete in that aspect.

Reactions: Caro332 and jmar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones