Does anyone think we are just guinea pigs?

Last Updated:

1. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

could all of us who bought the nexus 1 and are posting on this site just be test guinea pigs for google?

we are getting out a lot of info here...good and bad. maybe google and htc are using us to make sure the nexus 2 has all of the good and hopefully none of the bad as the nuxus 1.

i hope i am not a $529 guinea pig.

just a thought.

Advertisement
  2. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

Um... isn't that the way all phones are. Company A comes out with a phone... sells a lot... learns what people liked and didn't like about said phone and improve upon it in their next release?

Oh... and if you really want to look at it in a guinea pig sort of way... I would say that G1 owners were guinea pigs and Nexus One is the real deal...

3. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

even if i am a guinea pig i love the phone.

4. sycamore714

sycamore714 Member

Early adapters of any consumer electronics are always guinea pigs. We need to make our own decision whether we want to take the risk to enjoy the device or want for bugs to be resolved and the price to be dropped.

I bought the original iphone for $600 and the price dropped by $200 in 2 months but I dont regret it a single minute because I got to enjoy the phone for an extra 2 months which is priceless in by books.

Same with my N1 , I dont care if the price drops in the next 2/3 months. Atleast we would have played more with our toys.

5. XM_JDM

XM_JDM Well-Known Member

i was a guinea pig with the nokia n900...

i was let down.

6. Mr_N1ce

Mr_N1ce Well-Known Member

Even if it's called Nexus "1" it is not a first generation Android phone imo. That would have been the G1 phone. Of course there's always gonna be space for improvements.

7. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

In this day and age, it's impossible before release to replicate the test bed that is the consumer market. Consumer electronics evolve in the market. It's the only viable way to keep technology moving and stay in business. How many years have people been saying to never buy a new generation of a model of a car, or new model altogether, in its first year of production? You guys who think you're guinea pigs, this concept isn't brand new. Hopefully most of this stuff is software fixable. With the CDMA variant untested (FCC) and not due out until Spring, there's a possibility that it could receive build fixes for any possible glaring hardware issues.

8. anino78

anino78 Member

I think the people working in google are the guinea pigs. they are the first to use the nexus 1 right?

9. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

It's just down to personal preference. You can have he latest and greatest with some temporary problems or stick with what's been out.

10. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Of course you are. Just like HTC G1 and Samsung Galaxy users )))

11. illutionz

illutionz Well-Known Member

It's called technology :)

DROID is "Guinea Pig" for Eclair... Turns out 2.0 is not the real Eclair and 2.1 is what Google wanted Eclair all along...

Remember those $599 iPhone first generation users revolt because Apple dropped the price to $399 after 3 months?

G1 is "guinea pig" for Android overall

Nexus One is probably "guinea pig" for this direct to consumer model. ;)

12. sthoeft

sthoeft Active Member

I want to be a guinea pig! Thats the fun, having something special. And anyway, later you may show it to your grandchildren and say "look, that has been the first google phone" when they show you their hyper modern furturistic cellphone pc with an retina implanted 100" screen with full vr capabilitys and an holographic projector, all build in a normal wrist watch...

13. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Yep! What he said, +1